The NBA Power Rankings are set to change again in the next day or so, but we thought it might be a good idea to take a look at where they were heading into last weeks action. As you will see, there was another change at the top and perhaps some more movement coming once the new rankings go out on Tuesday. As we always do, we are going to take a look at the top and bottom 5 and maybe make some predictions as to whether those will stay the same this week. Let’s jump right into action so you can continue betting against their NBA odds.
NBA Power Rankings – April 5th, 2021 Update
- Utah Jazz – It has taken time for the Jazz to get the respect that they deserve, but people are now starting to look at them as a legit championship contender. They have gone 9-1 in their last 10 games and have a 3 ½ game lead in the West.
- Brooklyn Nets – The Nets fell out of the #1 spot after just 1 week at the top, as they continue to be unable to shake the Philadelphia 76ers out of the top spot in the East. It is all tied up there now, with the Nets winning 7 of their last 10.
- LA Clippers – The Clippers remain 6 games out of the lead in the Western Conference, but they have been a whole lot more consistent of last and have now won 7 of their last 10. That is what getting healthy does for a team.
- Milwaukee Bucks – This strange up and down, inconsistent season continues for the Bucks, who dropped 2 spots from last weeks rank. They are on a 3-game winning streak at the moment, so they may move up again with the next rankings.
- Philadelphia 76ers – While they continue to cling to the top spot in the Eastern Conference, they have essentially seen their lead wiped out by the Nets. Philly is 6-4 in their last 10 games and now in real danger of dropping to 2nd in the East.
- Toronto Raptors – It was a strange trade deadline for the Raptors, as they ended up holding on to Kyle Lowry, who was expected to be on the way put. They also snapped out of a losing streak, but they are still just 2-8 in their last 10.
- Orlando Magic – The Magic made news at the trade deadline by essentially trading away all their best players and heading into full rebuild mode. It’s safe to say that this ranking may be the highest for the remainder of the season.
- Detroit Pistons – While not the worst record in the league, the 14 wins that Detroit have managed this season puts them right at the bottom of the Eastern Conference standings. They are 4-6 in their last 10 games, so not awful in that regard.
- Houston Rockets – Given the trades that they have made this season and picks they have landed, not to mention their current status in the bottom 3 in the league, the Rockets will be looking to rebuild through the draft.
- Minnesota Timberwolves – As it stands right now, there appears to be 3 teams vying for the worst record in the NBA. It is the Timberwolves who are currently the worst with just 12 wins on the season. I don’t see that improving much over the remainder of the season.
NBA Betting News
- NBA 2021 Players Power Rankings Analysis Update Apr. 21st
- Golden State Warriors vs Washington Wizards | 2021 NBA Expert Analysis
- Phoenix Suns vs Philadelphia 76ers | 2021 NBA Expert Analysis
- NBA News & Rumors: Tony Ronzone Fired, Terry Stotts On The Hot Seat & LaMelo Ball Soon to Be Back
- Los Angeles Clippers vs. Portland Trail Blazers | 2021 NBA Expert Analysis