Jayson Tatum and the Boston Celtics will be looking to get back in the win column when they take on a Brooklyn nets squad that comes into this affair off a huge upset the last time out. Now, with the C’s looking to improve their play before the start of the playoffs and the Nets looking to record another big upset, let’s find out which team is offering the best betting value against their NBA odds.
Nets vs Celtics Odds & Pick – NBA Betting
Brooklyn Nets at Boston Celtics
- When: Wednesday, August 5, 2020 at 9:00 PM ET
- Where: ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex, Orlando, FL
- Nets vs Celtics Live: YES, TSN, NBCSB
- Money Lines: Nets+320 / Celtics-420
- Total: U/O 224.5 -110
Why Bet On Brooklyn
There are a lot of good reasons to back the Nets in this affair. Brooklyn has gone 2-1 in three bubble games while taking out one of the top championship favorites by beating Giannis Antetokounmpo and the Bucks 119-116 on Tuesday. Then, there’s the fact that the Nets have beaten Boston and covered the chalk the last two times they’ve met the C’s this season after dropping the opening meeting. Last, but not least, the Nets have put at least 118 points on the board in all three bubble games and are sharing the ball with some fantastic passing as they look to overcome the losses of their three best players.
Brooklyn ATS Trends
- Nets are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 road games vs. a team with a home winning % of greater than .600.
- Nets are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games vs. a team with a winning straight up record.
- Nets are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games as an underdog.
- Nets are 6-2 ATS in their last 8 when their opponent allows 100 points or more in their previous game.
- Nets are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games following a ATS win.
- Nets are 1-5 ATS in their last 6 games playing on 0 days rest.
Why Bet On Boston
The Celtics have lost two of their three bubble games so far including a 112-106 loss against Miami on Tuesday night. Still, there are some good reasons to back Boston in this affair. Boston is statistically better at both ends of the floor as they average 2.0 more points per contest and allow 10.4 fewer points per game defensively. Then, there’s the fact that the Celtics have a pair of all-stars in sweet-shooting forward Jayson Tatum and veteran point guard Kemba Walker while swingman Jaylen Brown is just off the all-star mark. Last but not least, the Celtics should be a bit ‘semi-desperate’ to improve upon the mostly lackluster play we’ve seen through three bubble contests.
Boston ATS Trends
- Celtics are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games playing on 0 days rest.
- Celtics are 16-5 ATS in their last 21 games when their starting 5 players combine for more than 160 minutes of the previous day.
- Celtics are 6-2-1 ATS in their last 9 games vs. a team with a losing straight up record.
- Celtics are 0-4-2 ATS in their last 6 games overall.
- Celtics are 0-2-2 ATS in their last 4 games following a ATS loss.
- Celtics are 0-2-2 ATS in their last 4 games following a straight up loss.
Expert Analysis and Prediction
Boston is completely and utterly desperate right now and I genuinely believe they are going to get a great performance from Jayson Tatum in this affair to get the much-needed victory. However, Brooklyn has looked great without Kyrie Irving, KD and now, Spencer Dinwiddie as they share the ball like nobody’s business. Sure, you might not know the vast majority of players on their roster, but the Nets are playing some high level basketball right now if you didn’t see their thrilling take-down of the Bucks on Tuesday. More importantly, the Nets are a perfect 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games against a team with a winning straight up record, 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games as an underdog and a bankroll-boosting 5-1 ATS in the last 6 meetings against the Celtics. With Boston going 0-4-2 ATS in their last 6 games overall, I’m taking the points in my pocket and the Nets to cover!
Pick: Boston 112 Brooklyn 106