Zion Williamson leads the New Orleans Pelicans (1-1) into a matchup with the San Antonio Spurs (2-0) after scoring 32 points in an 111-98 loss to the Heat. The Pelicans are 5-point favorites in the game on Sunday, December 27, 2020, which starts at 7:00 PM ET on FS-SW. The over/under is 228 in the matchup.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
Head to Head
San Antonio has won six of its last 10 head-to-head meetings with New Orleans. The Spurs also have a 2-0 edge against the spread when facing off with the Pelicans.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|8/9/2020||Pelicans||Pelicans||-3.5||239.5||-163||135||Regular Season||122-113 SA|
|1/22/2020||Pelicans||Pelicans||-3.5||236||-162||134||Regular Season||121-117 SA|
|2/2/2019||–||Spurs||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||113-108 SA|
|1/26/2019||–||Pelicans||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||126-114 SA|
|11/19/2018||–||Pelicans||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||140-126 NO|
|11/3/2018||–||Spurs||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||109-95 SA|
|4/11/2018||–||Pelicans||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||122-98 NO|
|3/15/2018||–||Spurs||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||98-93 SA|
|2/28/2018||–||Spurs||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||121-116 NO|
|11/22/2017||–||Pelicans||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||107-90 NO|
Pelicans Betting Information
- New Orleans covered about half the time against the spread last season, covering 34 times in 72 contests.
- The Pelicans posted a winning record of 8-2-1 against the spread when the spread was -5 or higher.
- New Orleans was reliable for the over last season, combining with opponents to reach the total in 38 of 72 games for a 52.8% rate.
Spurs Betting Information
- San Antonio had a losing record against the spread, going 30-39-2 ATS (covering just 42.3% of the time).
- When they were at least 5-point underdogs, the Spurs had a record ATS of 4-11.
- San Antonio and its opponents hit the over in more than half of their matchups last year — 42 of 71 (59.2%).
- The Pelicans and their opponents combined to score more than 228 points in 56.9% of their outings last year (41 of 72 opportunities).
- San Antonio combined with its opponents to score more than 228 points in 37 of 71 games (52.1%) last year.
- Opponents of the two teams averaged a combined 4.3 more points per game last season (232.3) than this matchup’s total of 228 points.
- The Pelicans’ average point total in outings last season was 233, five points higher than the over/under in this game.
- The average point total for the Spurs last season was 1.2 points higher than this game’s over/under.
- Brandon Ingram put up 23.8 points per game last season.
- Steven Adams notched 9.2 rebounds per game and Lonzo Ball averaged 7.0 assists per game .
- JJ Redick had a strong showing from beyond the arc a season ago. He connected on 3.0 shots from deep per game.
- Ball grabbed 1.4 per game. Adams averaged 1.1 blocks a contest.
- DeMar DeRozan scored 22.1 points per game last season and added 5.6 assists.
- LaMarcus Aldridge pulled down 7.4 rebounds per game.
- Patty Mills had a solid showing from beyond the arc a season ago. He knocked down 2.3 shots from deep per game.
- Dejounte Murray grabbed 1.7 steals per game. Aldridge collected 1.6 blocks an outing.
More Recent NBA News
- Utah Jazz vs. New Orleans Pelicans: 1/19/2021 Matchup Betting Preview, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Denver Nuggets vs. Oklahoma City Thunder: 1/19/2021 NBA Betting Preview, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Orlando Magic vs. New York Knicks: 1/18/2021 Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Betting Trends
- Atlanta Hawks vs. Minnesota Timberwolves 1/18/2021 Betting Preview: Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- San Antonio Spurs vs. Portland Trail Blazers: 1/18/2021 Betting Trends, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview