Donovan Mitchell and the Utah Jazz will look to tame Nikola Jokic and the Denver Nuggets when they square off in an intriguing mid-week matchup of Western Conference championship hopefuls. With the Nuggets looking to extend their modest winning streak and the Jazz looking to get back in the win column after having their recent winning streak snapped, let’s find out where the best NBA betting value lies in this contest.
Nuggets vs Jazz NBA Week 15 Betting Lines & Game Preview
- When: Wednesday, January 23, 2018, 10:30 PM ET
- Where: Vivint Smart Home Arena, Salt Lake City, Utah
- TV: ESPN+
- Radio: TuneIn
- Live Stream: NBA League Pass
- NBA Week 15 Betting Lines: Utah Jazz -3.5 (Total 216)
Why Bet On The Denver Nuggets?
Why should you consider betting on Denver in this contest? Well, the Nuggets have the higher scoring offense in this matchup by 3.2 points per contest and a defense that ranks a stellar sixth in points allowed (106.2 ppg). Then, there’s the case that Denver is playing well right now, having won two straight and seven of their last 10 games including their emphatic 124-102 win over Cleveland on Saturday to cover the chalk as a whopping 17.5-point home favorite.
Last but not least, the Nuggets have a pair of blossoming young stars in sweet-shooting third-year shooting guard Jamal Murray (18.8 ppg) and do-it-all center Nikola Jokic, a player that averages a mind-boggling 19.6 points, 10.0 rebounds, 1.3 steals and stunning 7.7 assists per game.
- Total Score: 111.29
- Field Goal Percentage: 46.83
- Three-Point Percentage: 35.85
- Free Throw Percentage: 75.13
- Total Rebounds: 46.69
- Total Score: 106.22
- Field Goal Percentage: 45.96
- Three-Point Percentage: 33.87
- Free Throw Percentage: 74.85
- Total Rebounds: 41.80
Why Bet On The Utah Jazz?
Why should you consider betting on the Utah Jazz in this matchup? The first reason to back Utah would be because they have an elite defense that ranks third in the league in fewest points allowed (105.0 ppg). Another great reason to back the Jazz is that they have a true superstar in second-year swingman Donovan Mitchell (22.0 ppg) and arguably the best rim defender in the league in center Rudy Gobert (13.1 rpg, 2.1 bpg).
Next, the Jazz is playing at home where they’ve gone an uninspiring 13-9 so far this season and looking to improve. Another good reason to back Utah is the fact that Denver has a losing ATS record on the road this season. Last but not least, Utah should be highly motivated after having their six-game winning streak snapped in Monday’s 109-104 loss to Portland.
- Total Score: 108.31
- Field Goal Percentage: 46.07
- Three-Point Percentage: 34.31
- Free Throw Percentage: 73.19
- Total Rebounds: 45.27
- Total Score: 105.02
- Field Goal Percentage: 45.47
- Three-Point Percentage: 36.03
- Free Throw Percentage: 74.40
- Total Rebounds: 42.65
Nuggets vs Jazz NBA Week 15 Betting Trends
- Denver is 2-7 ATS in its last 9 games on the road
- Denver is 3-6 SU in its last 9 games on the road
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Denver’s last 5 games
- Utah is 1-3-1 ATS in its last 5 games at home
- Utah is 6-1 SU in its last 7 games at home
- The total has gone UNDER in 11 of Utah’s last 13 games at home
Expert Analysis and Prediction for Nuggets vs Jazz
While the Denver Nuggets have been arguably the most pleasantly surprising team in all of basketball this season, the Utah Jazz has a bunch of motivation to get it done in this one and I believe they will. The Nuggets have gone a discouraging 2-6 ATS in their last 8 games against a team with a winning record while also going 2-7 ATS in their last 9 road games and 2-8 ATS in their last 10 games against their Western Conference counterparts.
On the flip side of the coin, the Utah Jazz has gone 9-1-1 ATS in their last 11 games following a straight up loss, 6-1-1 ATS in their last 8 games following an ATS loss and 7-2-1 ATS in their last 10 games after allowing 100 points or more in their previous game. With the home team in this Western Conference rivalry going a perfect 9-0 ATS in the last nine meetings, I say keep it simple and back Utah to take care of business at home.
Score: Denver Nuggets 102 – Utah Jazz 106