The Denver Nuggets will look to pick up the big road victory when they take on the Utah Jazz in their mid-week matchup of Western Conference championship hopefuls on Wednesday night. With the Nuggets looking to stay hot and the Jazz looking to snap out of their recent funk, let’s find out which team is offering the best value against their NBA Odds at this Nuggets vs Jazz.
Nuggets vs Jazz 2020 NBA Spread, Game Info & Expert Preview
- When: Wednesday February 5, 2020 at 9:00 PM ET
- Where: Vivint Smart Home Arena, Salt Lake City, UT
- TV: Altitude, AT&T SportsNet Rocky Mountain, Sportsnet One, NBA League Pass
- Radio: Denver / Utah
- NBA Odds: Utah -9
- Total: 217
Why Bet On Denver
The Nuggets are coming off a resounding 127-99 blowout win over Portland on Tuesday night that saw all-star center Nikola Jokic put up a monster game with 29 points, 13 rebounds, nine assists and three blocked shots to help Denver to their second-largest win of the season. Point guard Jamal Murray returned from a 10-game absence to contribute 20 points and six assists in only 20 minutes of action.
“We had a great team game,” Murray said afterward. “I was happy, I missed it. That is the longest streak I’ve ever been out (10 games). So a big win feels good.”
Swingman Will Barton was 4-of-4 from 3-point range as the Nuggets placed five players in double-digit scoring in the win. Denver ranks an unassuming 19th in scoring (110.1 ppg), but a stellar fifth in points allowed (106.4 ppg). The Nuggets have gone a stupendous 20-6 on the road this season.
- Total Score: 110.2
- Field Goal Percentage: 46.16
- Three-Point Percentage: 35.36
- Free Throw Percentage: 77.73
- Total Rebounds: 45.02
- Total Score: 106.35
- Field Goal Percentage: 45.65
- Three-Point Percentage: 33.89
- Free Throw Percentage: 74.89
- Total Rebounds: 43.27
Denver Nuggets NBA Betting Trends
- Nuggets are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 when their opponent scores 100 points or more in their previous game.
- Nuggets are 3-7 ATS in their last 10 games playing on 0 days rest.
- Nuggets are 4-11 ATS in their last 15 games following a straight up win.
- Nuggets are 1-5 ATS in their last 6 games following a straight up win of more than 10 points.
- Nuggets are 0-4 ATS in their last 4 games after scoring more than 125 points in their previous game.
Why Bet On Utah
Utah has dropped a season-worst four straight games, including a humbling 124-107 loss against Portland on Saturday. All-star guard Donovan Mitchell scored a team-high 25 points while Mike Conley and Bojan Bogdanovic both added 21 points in the loss.
“No need to panic but we’ve got to figure it out,”Mitchell told reporters after the loss. “It’s a complete 180 to where we were about a week ago so we’ve got to lock in and fix it, otherwise it’s going to be a (bad) All-Star break.”
Jazz head coach Quin Snyder is hoping his team’s recent struggles strengthen them moving forward.
“If you do those things you get a better gauge of where you are, I think that’s what we’re getting right now,” Snyder told reporters Tuesday. “You may not like it, it may not feel good. It always feels good to win, but at the same time maybe on some level it’s what a team needs to take more steps.”
Utah ranks 16th in scoring (111.1 ppg) while also ranking an encouraging eighth in points allowed (107.0 ppg), but the Jazz have gone just 14-13 on their home floor.
- Total Score: 111.10
- Field Goal Percentage: 47.27
- Three-Point Percentage: 38.74
- Free Throw Percentage: 76.73
- Total Rebounds: 45.37
- Total Score: 107.02
- Field Goal Percentage: 44.88
- Three-Point Percentage: 34.33
- Free Throw Percentage: 76.59
- Total Rebounds: 42.92
Utah Jazz NBA Betting Trends
- Jazz are 7-1-1 ATS in their last 9 games as a home favorite.
- Jazz are 7-1-1 ATS in their last 9 home games.
- Jazz are 0-4-1 ATS in their last 5 games as a favorite.
Nuggets vs Jazz Expert Analysis and Prediction
I know Utah has gone a near-perfect 10-1 ATS in their last 11 meetings against Denver, but I’m completely and utterly stunned that the Jazz are huge, 9-point home favorites in this contest. The Jazz are struggling mightily right now and they just haven’t been very good at home this season.
The Nuggets have gone 6-2 ATS in their last 8 games against a team with a winning straight up record and 5-2 ATS in their last 7 games overall. With Utah going an uninspiring 1-3-1 ATS in their last 5 home games against a team with a winning road record and 0-4-1 ATS in their last 5 games overall, I like Denver for the easy ATS cover by getting the outright road win!
Pick: Denver 117 Utah 109