Chris Paul and the Oklahoma City Thunder will look to take care of business at home in order to snap their lengthy losing streak against Nikola Jokic and the Denver Nuggets when the two Western Conference championship contenders square off on Friday night, live from Chesapeake Energy Arena. With both ballclubs looking to get the win while delivering a statement should they meet in the playoffs, let’s find out which team is offering the best value against their NBA Odds. Let’s see how the NBA odds will be for the Nuggets vs Thunder.
Nuggets vs Thunder NBA Spread, Preview and Picks
- When: Friday February 21, 2020, 8:00 PM ET
- Where: Chesapeake Energy Arena, Oklahoma City, OK
- TV: ESPN, ALT, FSOK
- NBA Odds: Oklahoma City -1 / Total: 215
Why Bet On Denver
The Nuggets had their four-game winning streak snapped in their final game before the all-star break by losing to LeBron James and the Lakers 120-116 in overtime on Feb. 12. Jamal Murray scored a team-high 32 points in the loss while all-star center Nikola Jokic added 22 points, 11 rebounds and six assists in the loss.
“Emotionally, we have to find a way to get back and not ease into the post-All-Star break run,” Nuggets coach Michael Malone told reporters. “We have a very difficult schedule moving forward and we’re not satisfied with where we’re at. Let’s continue to make a push.”
Denver averages 110.4 points per game (19th) while limiting the opposition to 106.7 points per contest defensively (5th). The Nuggets have gone 17-10 on the road this season.
- Nuggets are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games following a ATS loss.
- Nuggets are 9-1-2 ATS in their last 12 games following a straight up loss.
- Nuggets are 6-1 ATS in their last 7 when their opponent scores 100 points or more in their previous game.
Why Bet On Oklahoma City
The Thunder won three of their final five games before the all-star break including a 123-118 road win over New Orleans on Feb. 13 as Danilo Gallinari scored a team-high 29 points while veteran point guard Dennis Schroeder added 22 points off the bench. Young point guard Shai Gilgeous-Alexander is averaging 19.5 points while Danilo Gallinari is averaging 19.3 points per game. Oklahoma City averages 110.6 points per game (17th) while limiting the opposition to 108.0 points per game defensively (10th). The Thunder have gone 17-12 at home this season.
- Thunder are 12-5 ATS in their last 17 games following a ATS win.
- Thunder are 7-3 ATS in their last 10 home games vs. a team with a winning road record.
- Thunder are 15-7 ATS in their last 22 after scoring 100 points or more in their previous game.
- Thunder are 2-6 ATS in their last 8 games as a home favorite.
- Thunder are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 home games.
Nuggets vs Thunder Expert Analysis and Prediction
The Nuggets have won seven straight against the Thunder and while they have the better record coming into this affair, I’m going with Oklahoma City to snap their losing streak against Denver in this affair. I love the way Danilo Galinari is playing for the Thunder right now and I believe Oklahoma City may have the best trio of backcourt performers in the league in CP2, SGA and Dennis Schroeder.
While the Nuggets have gone 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games and 5-2 ATS in their last 7 games as a road underdog, Oklahoma City is a blistering 20-8 ATS in their last 28 games overall and equally impressive 17-7 ATS in their last 24 games following a straight up win. Revenge will be the name of this game as Oklahoma City wins outright to cover the small spread.
Pick: Oklahoma City 108 Denver 105