Over the course of the past few seasons, we have seen the balance of power beginning to shift in the NBA. More than any other league, these changes are brought about by the movement of the bigger names in the game. Rather than settling in a single place and playing out their career, players routinely jump ship and head to pastures new. This past offseason was one of the busiest in that regard, so it is perhaps no real surprise that we have seen a total reversal of fortune for some teams. Those who spent the last few years on top are now struggling, while teams that have struggled are now pushing hard for conference titles and playoff spots.
The team that has fallen the hardest is the Golden State Warriors, with personnel moved and injuries sending them spiraling down to the depths of the Western Conference. They will be a t home on Thursday night and will welcome in one of the best teams in the West, with the Denver Nuggets coming to town. The Nuggets are in as a 5 ½ point road favorite, with the point total for this one set at 213.
Nuggets vs Warriors 2020 NBA Odds, Game Info & Prediction
- When: Thursday, January 16 at 10:30 PM EST
- Where: Oracle Arena, Oakland
- TV: TNT
- Radio: SiriusXM
- Live Stream: NBA League Pass
- NBA Odds: Denver Nuggets -5.5 (Total 213)
Why bet on the Denver Nuggets?The LA Lakers have opened up a decent lead at the top of the Western Conference, but there are a couple of teams who look to be up for the fight. The Denver Nuggets are one of those teams. They come into this game sitting at 28-12 on the season, which has them 4 ½ games back of the Lakers at the top. Denver has been playing good ball all season, but they have been particularly hot of late, winning 2 in a row and going 7-3 in their last 10 games.
They are doing okay on the road, going 11-7 in game splayed away from home, while posting a 16-6 record overall against teams from the Western Conference. When playing teams with a losing record, the Nuggets are 19-7. They come into this game having gone 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games.
- Total Score: 108.85
- Field Goal Percentage: 46.24
- Three-Point Percentage: 34.59
- Free Throw Percentage: 76.66
- Total Rebounds: 44.28
- Total Score: 104.88
- Field Goal Percentage: 45.38
- Three-Point Percentage: 32.57
- Free Throw Percentage: 75.32
- Total Rebounds: 43.58
Why bet on the Golden State Warriors?It is more than a little jarring to see the Golden State Warriors sitting at the bottom of the Western Conference, but it’s also not that surprising when you consider that Kevin Durant is gone, Klay Thompson is out for the year, and Steph Curry has spent a bunch of time on the sidelines with injury.
Overall, the Warriors are a rather brutal 9-33 on the season, with 6 of those 9 wins coming on home court, a place where they were once totally dominant for many years. The Warriors are on a run that has seen them lose 9 games in a row, so it’s hard to imagine that they are going to be able to suddenly come to life against one of the best teams in the conference.
- Total Score: 104.52
- Field Goal Percentage: 42.82
- Three-Point Percentage: 33.50
- Free Throw Percentage: 80.63
- Total Rebounds: 43.83
- Total Score: 113.17
- Field Goal Percentage: 46.97
- Three-Point Percentage: 37.69
- Free Throw Percentage: 77.48
- Total Rebounds: 47.02
Nuggets vs Warriors 2020 NBA Betting Trends
- Warriors are 1-4 SU in their last 5 games at home
- Warriors are 7-3 ATS in their last 10 games against an opponent in the Northwest division
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Golden State’s last 7 games this season
- Nuggets are 14-4 SU in their last 18 games this season
- Nuggets are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games played in January
- The total has gone UNDER in 9 of Denver’s last 13 games against an opponent in the Pacific division
Expert Pick & Final Score Prediction for Nuggets vs WarriorsThe Nuggets are 4-6 against the Warriors in their last 10 meetings, which is not that bad when you consider that those games came when Golden State were the cream of the NBA crop. I like Denver to win and cover the spread in this one.
Score: Denver Nuggets 115 – Golden State Warriors 100