It says something about the current state of the conference races in the NBA that only one team, the Milwaukee Bucks, have punched their playoff ticket at this stage of the season. Given that the clock is now rather furiously ticking down towards the end of the regular season, we are going to start seeing that number of teams go up in the coming days and weeks. Even without that little asterisk beside their names, we have a pretty solid idea of which teams will definitely playing beyond the end of the regular season.
Two of the teams that fall into the definite side of things are the Denver Nuggets and the Golden State Warriors, although we do not yet know which one of them will be crowned the champions of the Western Conference since it looks as though that race is set to go down to the wire. It is the Warriors who have a 1-game lead at the moment, and they will be looking to extend that when they play host to the Denver Nuggets on Friday night. Golden State is in as a 6 ½ point favorite, with the point total set at 236.
Nuggets vs Warriors NBA Week 21 Odds & Expert Prediction
Things were getting tight last night in the fourth against the Lakers, then G went off for 1️⃣1️⃣ straight.GAME OVER. #MileHighBasketball pic.twitter.com/qAtlPW58tH — Denver Nuggets (@nuggets) 8 de marzo de 2019
- When: Friday, March 8 at 10:30 PM EST
- Where: Oracle Arena, Oakland
- TV: ESPN
- Live Stream: NBA League Pass
- NBA Week 21 Odds: Golden State Warriors -6.5 (Total 236)
Why bet on the Denver Nuggets?For a few weeks now, the Denver Nuggets have been playing catch-up with the Warriors in the Western Conference, but a slump by the dubs and a 6-4 record by Denver in the last 10 games have seen the lead at the top reduced to a single game. While the Nuggets have been great at home this season, they have not been quite as successful on the road, although they are staying above the .500 mark at 16-15.
This will be their first visit to Oakland this season, with the previous two meetings with Golden State this year going off in Denver, with those games ending in a split. The Nuggets have not been a great bet against the spread on the road, going 13-18, although they are a bit better as a road dog at 7-7 ATS.
- Total Score: 112.11
- Field Goal Percentage: 46.83
- Three-Point Percentage: 35.48
- Free Throw Percentage: 75.44
- Total Rebounds: 46.94
- Total Score: 107.03
- Field Goal Percentage: 45.83
- Three-Point Percentage: 34.04
- Free Throw Percentage: 74.93
- Total Rebounds: 41.95
Why bet on the Golden State Warriors?It was beginning to look as though the Warriors were about to open up and take control of the Western Conference, but they have since gone 5-5 in their last 10 games to fall back towards the pack. That is a surprising run for a team of this quality, but we still cannot overlook what they have done in their own building this year, which is to go 23-9.
The Warriors have feasted on opponents with an inferior record this season, but they have not done quite so well versus teams over .500, going 19-16 in those games. You certainly get the feeling that this is a team just biding their time until the playoffs come around. Golden State has covered just once in their last 10 games and is a poor 11-20-1 ATS on home court.
- Total Score: 118.22
- Field Goal Percentage: 48.78
- Three-Point Percentage: 37.84
- Free Throw Percentage: 80.78
- Total Rebounds: 46.20
- Total Score: 112.38
- Field Goal Percentage: 44.91
- Three-Point Percentage: 35.21
- Free Throw Percentage: 77.09
- Total Rebounds: 44.00
Nuggets vs Warriors NBA Betting Trends
- Denver is 6-13 ATS in its last 19 games on the road
- Denver is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Denver’s last 5 games on the road
- Golden State is 0-5 ATS in its last 5 games at home
- Golden State is 8-3 SU in its last 11 games at home
- The total has gone OVER in 12 of Golden State’s last 15 games when playing Denver
Expert Pick & Final Score Prediction for Nuggets vs WarriorsI am a little surprised to see the point spread as high as it is for this one, as I am expecting a close one on Friday night. I am taking the Warriors to win, but the Nuggets covering the spread is the bet that I really like.
Score: Denver Nuggets 114 – Golden State Warriors 117