For the past few seasons, it has been the Golden State Warriors and Cleveland Cavaliers dominating the NBA odds to win it all, but it looks as though there is the possibility of a changing of the guard this season. There are a couple of unexpected leaders sitting atop each of the respective conferences, with the two big guns needing to settle for second place right now. In the Western Conference race, it is the Houston Rockets who lead the way, albeit by the very slimmest of margins.
The Golden State Warriors are ready to pounce, sitting in second place, just a half-game back of the leaders. The Warriors are on an impressive win streak at the moment, and while they have been unable to match the winning run that the Rockets are currently on, they have a real chance to keep the positive ride going with a game at home versus the Portland Trail Blazers on Monday night.
This is a team that they have dominated in recent years, and they come in as the favorite by 11.5 points.
NBA Odds & Game Preview: Portland at Golden State
Players in the entire @NBA to hit 9 three-pointers in a game this year:
— Trail Blazers (@trailblazers) 10 de diciembre de 2017
- When: Monday, December 11 at 10:30 PM EST
- Where: Oracle Arena, Oakland
- TV: CSNN and CSNB
- Radio: 1450 AM (Portland) / 95.7 FM (Golden State)
- Live Stream: NBA League Pass
- NBA Odds: Golden State Warriors -11.5 (Over/Under at 215.5)
- All: Portland Trail Blazers 13-12 / Golden State Warriors 21-6
- Home: Portland Trail Blazers 7-8 / Golden State Warriors 8-3
- Away: Portland Trail Blazers 6-4 / Golden State Warriors 13-3
- As Favorite: Portland Trail Blazers 11-8 / Golden State Warriors 21-6
- As Underdog: Portland Trail Blazers 2-4 / Golden State Warriors 0-0
- ATS: Portland Trail Blazers 10-13-2 / Golden State Warriors 13-14
- Over/Under: Portland Trail Blazers 8-17 / Golden State Warriors 14-12-1
Recent Head to Head (Last 10 Games)
- Record: Golden State Warriors lead 10-0
- Score: Portland Trail Blazers 107.40 / Golden State Warriors 123.50
- Field Goal Percentage: Portland Trail Blazers 60.30 / Golden State Warriors 56.60
- Rebounds: Portland Trail Blazers 45.80 / Golden State Warriors 42.40
- 3 Point Shots: Portland Trail Blazers 126-312 / Golden State Warriors 119-330
- Steals: Portland Trail Blazers 9.90 / Golden State Warriors 8.30
Why consider the Trail Blazers NBA Odds?
While the Trail Blazers have had very little success versus the Warriors in recent times, they are having a decent start to the season this year. They are currently in possession of a 13-12 record, which is good enough to put them on the right side of the playoff line. The Trail Blazers have actually played better on the road than at home this season, going 6-4 in games away from their own building.
They are going to need some of that road magic on Monday night, as they are facing a Warriors team that they have been unable to solve in their last 6 meetings, which included a season sweep last year. Portland has not been awful against teams with a winning record this year, going 5-7 in those match-ups. The Trail Blares are in the top 5 in PPG allowed this season, and are going to need to use all that defensive prowess against the high-powered Warriors attack.
- Total Score: 103.32
- Field Goal Percentage: 44.20
- Three-Point Percentage: 38.00
- Free Throw Percentage: 81.17
- Total Rebounds: 46.32
- Total Score: 101.20
- Field Goal Percentage: 44.37
- Three-Point Percentage: 34.50
- Free Throw Percentage: 75.44
- Total Rebounds: 41.36
Why consider the Warriors NBA Odds?
It certainly is a little unusual to see the Warriors anywhere but on top of the Western Conference at this stage of the season, but being outside of first does not mean that they are not playing good ball. Golden State is coming into the new week on a 6-game win streak, and are now an impressive 21-6 on the season. While they would certainly like to get the top spot and home-court advantage through the playoffs, they will be well aware that there is plenty of time left in the season for that to happen.
The Warriors are 8-3 in home games this season and have gone 11-3 in games played against teams with a better than .500 record. Perhaps more importantly, that have made recent games against the Trail Blazers look pretty easy, winning the last 6 games against them by an average of close to 20 PPG.
- Total Score: 117.22
- Field Goal Percentage: 51.21
- Three-Point Percentage: 39.88
- Free Throw Percentage: 80.78
- Total Rebounds: 44.81
- Total Score: 106.07
- Field Goal Percentage: 43.32
- Three-Point Percentage: 35.71
- Free Throw Percentage: 75.36
- Total Rebounds: 41.96
Latest NBA Betting Trends
- Trail Blazers are 6-13-2 ATS in their last 21 games
- Trail Blazers are 1-4 SU in their last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 12 of Portland’s last 16 games
- Warriors are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games
- Warriors are 5-0 SU in their last 5 games
- The total has gone OVER in 15 of Golden State’s last 19 games when playing Portland
Expert Pick and Final Score Prediction
The Warriors are playing some good basketball right now, and will almost certainly have their eye on the top spot in the West, which they might be able to steal from the Rockets with another solid week. I think they get this week off to a winning start against Portland on Monday night.
Score: Portland Trail Blazers 102 – Golden State Warriors 112