There is no such thing as an easy path to the NBA Finals, although that path can be made a little less troublesome by landing at the top of the conference when the regular season comes to a close. Getting the #1 seed in the conference means landing home-court advantage all the way to the Finals, but what it does not guarantee is that a team will, in fact, make it through the trials and tribulations of the postseason totally unscathed.
You need only look at last season to see that winning the conference is no guarantee of a spot in the NBA Finals, as both the Boston Celtics and Houston Rockets came up short. Still, there is something to be said for having the best regular season conference record, which is something that the Toronto Raptors still have very much insight. They are sitting in the #2 spot right now after leading for much of the season and will look to try and close the gap a little when they hit the road to face the #3 Philadelphia 76ers as a 3 point underdog. The point total for this one is set at 228.
Raptors vs 76ers NBA Week 17 Odds & Game Preview
“We’re planning on playing him (JV) on this trip.” – Coach📺 | https://t.co/U1A3E2qYCk pic.twitter.com/4pzpHFaXJU — Toronto Raptors (@Raptors) 4 de febrero de 2019
- When: Tuesday, February 5 at 8 PM EST
- Where: Wells Fargo Center, Philadelphia
- TV: TNT
- Radio: TuneIn/NBA
- Live Stream: NBA League Pass
- NBA Week 17 Odds: Philadelphia 76ers -3 (Total 231)
Why bet on the Toronto Raptors?
If we are being honest, the Raptors are starting to look like a team that would welcome the arrival of the All-Star Break, as the pace they are setting right now is not where they were at earlier in the season. That’s not to say that they are in a terrible slump, though, as they are still 6-4 in their last 10 games, although that has been enough to see them lose ground to the Milwaukee Bucks, who have a 2-game lead over the Raptors at the top of the East.
The good news is that the Raptors have a solid 3 ½ game buffer over the two teams right behind them, one of whom is the 76ers. Toronto has posted a 16-11 record on the road this season, but they are just 10-16-1 ATS in those games. They have gone 6-5 ATS as a road underdog.
- Total Score: 113.83
- Field Goal Percentage: 47.04
- Three-Point Percentage: 34.53
- Free Throw Percentage: 80.25
- Total Rebounds: 45.06
- Total Score: 108.54
- Field Goal Percentage: 45.29
- Three-Point Percentage: 34.14
- Free Throw Percentage: 76.71
- Total Rebounds: 44.85
Why bet on the Philadelphia 76ers?
You wonder just how much closer to the top the 76ers would be if they could translate their home court performances to the road. Philly is an impressive 21-5 on their home court yet are somehow a game below .500 on the road. The good news is that they will be at home for this one, where they have won each of their last 2 meetings with Toronto.
They are 1-2 SU versus the Raptors this season, but it’s probably not a huge surprise to learn that both of those defeats came with trips north of the border. Philly has not translated their home dominance into a stellar record against the spread, though, going 14-12 ATS as a home favorite.
- Total Score: 115.49
- Field Goal Percentage: 47.17
- Three-Point Percentage: 35.98
- Free Throw Percentage: 76.68
- Total Rebounds: 47.38
- Total Score: 111.98
- Field Goal Percentage: 45.21
- Three-Point Percentage: 34.49
- Free Throw Percentage: 77.82
- Total Rebounds: 43.28
Raptors vs 76ers NBA Week 17 Betting Trends
- Toronto is 2-10 ATS in its last 12 games on the road
- Toronto is 4-8 SU in its last 12 games on the road
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Toronto’s last 7 games on the road
- Philadelphia is 4-12 ATS in its last 16 games when playing Toronto
- Philadelphia is 3-20 SU in its last 23 games when playing Toronto
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Philadelphia’s last 6 games at home
Expert Pick and Final Score Prediction for Raptors vs 76ers
There is little to choose between these two teams over the last 10 games, so you really need to look at what Philly has been able to do at home as the deciding factor. I have the 76ers winning this one, but I do believe that Toronto can keep it close.
Score: Toronto Raptors 112 – Philadelphia 76ers 115