During the first five games of the 2015-16 season, Dwyane Wade led the Heat from start to finish as NBA odds fans might recall. However, after that, he decided to let a committee approach dictate the fortunes of the team. The Heat began to struggle, though, and so Wade had a conversation with the rest of his team last Thursday during the shoot around, telling them that he would be taking charge of that night’s game against the Sacramento Kings.
There are nights when Wade is a liability. In the Minnesota loss, Wade went just five for 13, completing a four-game stretch when he had only averaged 10.7 points per game, shooting 32.7 percent from the field. He was complaining about the lack of opportunities that he had been getting, but the fact that he was missing so many shots opened up some questions about his physical condition. He denied that he had any health issues, responding that he had sat out a lot of fourth quarters when the team was ahead by double digits.
Wade told ESPN.com, “Watching film, I felt like I was getting great opportunities [but] I just felt I needed to get aggressive offensively. Sometimes, I get into the mode of too much playmaking and maybe my shot became secondary. So I just decided to flip it.”
Chris Bosh joked that Wade should have to get 10 assists when he decides he’s going to take 20 shots. However, he went on to tell ESPN.com, “He needs to get into a rhythm, so he was attacking and we liked every shot that he shot. To get him involved again like that and to get him into a rhythm is very crucial for this team.”
The Heat have a good deal of talent and the potential to contend, particularly in the East, but for now, they are waiting to find some consistency. Hopefully Wade’s change will contribute to that.
Join for Free
Sports & Betting Topics
- Top NBA Betting Picks of the Week – November 12th Edition
- Top NBA Betting Picks of the Week – November 5th Edition
- Timberwolves vs Warriors NBA Odds & Expert Pick for Friday Night
- Top NBA Betting Picks of the Week – October 29th Edition
- Top NBA Betting Picks of the Week – October 22nd Edition
- 2018 NBA Western Conference Odds to Win & Predictions
- 2018 NBA Eastern Conference Odds to Win & Predictions
- Top NBA Betting Matchups and Picks for Opening Week 2018
- Final NBA Betting Predictions for the 2018 Season
- 2019 NBA Finals Possible Matchups
- Kawhi Leonard is Now a Toronto Raptor
- 2019 NBA Finals: Golden State Still Massive Favorite
- 2018 NBA Free Agency Update: The King Lands in La La Land
- 2018 NBA Free Agency Predictions: Who Ends Up a Laker?
- 2018 NBA Off-Season Update: Kawhi Wants Out and LeBron’s List
- NBA Odds & Early Predictions for 2019 Championship
- Can Cleveland Upset Golden State for 2018 Finals Game 4?
- 2018 Finals Preview: Warriors at Cavaliers Game 3 NBA
- 2018 NBA Finals Betting Preview: Cavaliers at Warriors Game 2
- 2018 Finals Preview for Game 1: Cavaliers vs Warriors
- 2018 NBA Championship Betting Analysis: Where to Put Your Money
- 2018 NBA Finals Odds, Game Times & TV Schedule
- NBA Odds & Prediction for Rockets vs. Warriors Game 6
- NBA Betting Pick for ECF Game 6: Boston at Cleveland
- Warriors at Rockets Game 5 NBA Odds & Betting Preview