During the first five games of the 2015-16 season, Dwyane Wade led the Heat from start to finish as NBA odds fans might recall. However, after that, he decided to let a committee approach dictate the fortunes of the team. The Heat began to struggle, though, and so Wade had a conversation with the rest of his team last Thursday during the shoot around, telling them that he would be taking charge of that night’s game against the Sacramento Kings.
There are nights when Wade is a liability. In the Minnesota loss, Wade went just five for 13, completing a four-game stretch when he had only averaged 10.7 points per game, shooting 32.7 percent from the field. He was complaining about the lack of opportunities that he had been getting, but the fact that he was missing so many shots opened up some questions about his physical condition. He denied that he had any health issues, responding that he had sat out a lot of fourth quarters when the team was ahead by double digits.Wade told ESPN.com, “Watching film, I felt like I was getting great opportunities [but] I just felt I needed to get aggressive offensively. Sometimes, I get into the mode of too much playmaking and maybe my shot became secondary. So I just decided to flip it.”Chris Bosh joked that Wade should have to get 10 assists when he decides he’s going to take 20 shots. However, he went on to tell ESPN.com, “He needs to get into a rhythm, so he was attacking and we liked every shot that he shot. To get him involved again like that and to get him into a rhythm is very crucial for this team.”The Heat have a good deal of talent and the potential to contend, particularly in the East, but for now, they are waiting to find some consistency. Hopefully Wade’s change will contribute to that.
Sports & Betting Topics
Latest News, Tips & Expert Picks
- NBA Draft Rumors: Top 5 Picks Locked In Thursday?
- NBA Betting News & Rumors: Lakers Might Sign A 3rd Scoring Option
- Suns vs. Bucks Game 6 | Predictions Milwaukee Poised for NBA Title
- NBA Betting News & Rumors: Sixers Are Open to Offers for Simmons
- Suns vs. Bucks Game 4 Lines | Milwaukee Looks to Even NBA Finals
- NBA Rumors: Rockets set to trade John Wall?
- NBA Betting News & Rumors: Wizards May Trade Bradley Beal
- Bucks vs Suns Game 2: NBA Odds Overview | Suns Eye 2-0 Finals Lead
- NBA 2021 Draft Betting Predictions & Rumor Mill Update
- NBA Betting News & Rumors: Will Giannis Be Ready for the Finals?
- NBA Rumors | Will Kawhi Leonard return to Clippers next season?
- Hawks vs Bucks: NBA Odds and Preview | Will Giannis or Trae Play Game 5?
- Phoenix Suns vs. LA Clippers NBA Game 6 Bet Line | Sun Tries Again for NBA Finals Spot
- Milwaukee vs. Atalanta Game 4 : NBA Odds to Win | What About Trae Young?
- NBA Betting News & Rumors: Lillard Might Ask for A Trade, Pistons Won the NBA Draft Lottery