The two teams taking part in this one are among the group sitting just below the playoff line, with both teams sharing very similar records and stats. It is more than a little surprising to see the Rockets down where they are, especially when you consider that they won the West last season. Both teams here are struggling with consistency and both really need to start putting things together before the gap below the playoff line starts to get bigger. It is the Utah Jazz who is a 2-point home favorite for this one, with the point total set at 215 ½.
Rockets vs Jazz NBA Betting Lines & Game Preview
- When: Thursday, December 6 at 10:30 PM EST
- Where: Vivint Smart Homes Arena, Salt Lake City
- TV: TNT
- Radio: TuneIn
- Live Stream: NBA League Pass
- NBA Betting Lines: Utah Jazz -2 (Total 216.5)
Why bet on the Houston Rockets?The Houston Rockets have been a tough bunch to figure out this season, as they are essentially playing the same way at home as they are on the road, creating no real edge. They are .500 at home and a game below that mark on the road and are 5-5 SU in their last 10 games.
You hear talk of teams playing .500 ball and that is exactly what the Rockets have been doing all season, unable to pick up any sort of positive momentum that might propel them up the standings. It has been a bit of a similar story ATS, with the Rockets going 4-6 in their last 10 games, although they have covered in 2 of their last 3. It’s back to .500 again when looking at them as a road dog, where they are 2-2 ATS.
- Total Score: 109.22
- Field Goal Percentage: 44.87
- Three-Point Percentage: 34.22
- Free Throw Percentage: 74.73
- Total Rebounds: 41.00
- Total Score: 109.48
- Field Goal Percentage: 47.29
- Three-Point Percentage: 35.60
- Free Throw Percentage: 78.08
- Total Rebounds: 42.78
Why bet on the Utah Jazz?The Utah Jazz has many similar stats to the Rockets, but where there is a huge difference is in their home record versus their away mark. The Jazz is 2 games above .500 on the road at 9-7, but they are stinking the joint out at home, going 3-6. With that in mind, perhaps we shouldn’t take too much stock in their 100-89 win over the Rockets earlier this season, as that one came on the road.
On the positive side, that victory did end a 4-game losing streak that they had going against Houston. The Jazz is on a positive run ATS, as they have covered in 3 of their last 4 games, but they are still just 3-5 ATS as a home favorite, as they are in this one, albeit only just.
- Total Score: 107.00
- Field Goal Percentage: 46.40
- Three-Point Percentage: 33.79
- Free Throw Percentage: 71.71
- Total Rebounds: 42.72
- Total Score: 107.84
- Field Goal Percentage: 47.42
- Three-Point Percentage: 36.32
- Free Throw Percentage: 73.04
- Total Rebounds: 42.24
Latest Rockets vs Jazz NBA Betting Trends
- Houston is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games on the road
- Houston is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games on the road
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Houston’s last 5 games on the road
- Utah is 4-2 ATS in its last 6 games
- Utah is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Utah’s last 6 games
Expert Pick & Final Score PredictionThis is an incredibly tough game to call, as you never really know what you are going to get out of these two teams on any given night. I am taking a shot and going with the Jazz to win and cover.
Score: Houston Rockets 107 – Utah Jazz 111