Opening Night in the NBA comes this week, and here are some of the biggest rumors making their way around the Association NBA betting fans: Kobe Bryant went through a complete practice on Sunday and is expected to appear on Wednesday as the Lakers start their regular season. Head coach Byron Scott told ESPNLosAngeles.com, “It was good. It was better than I thought it was going to be after being out for a copule weeks. That’s something that he’ll continue to work on, and obviously he has another two more practices before we gear up. So I really expect that he’ll be able to knock some more rust off.” Tristan Thompson and Lebron James both practiced on Sunday, and both expect to appear Tuesday in the first game of the regular season. James did not appear in the preseason after taking an injection in his back. James told Dave McMenamin with ESPN.com, “It was something that was already planned from the medical staff to the front office ot the coaching staff to myself that we would do this. When they say ‘rest,’ it’s not like I’ve just been sitting on my ass for a week and a half. Because I haven’t. I’ve been doing so much strengthening and conditioning and things of that nature. The rest just comes from not being able to be in practice and pounding a lot on the floor.” It looks like Kent Bazemore will be the starting small forward for the Atlanta Hawks to start the regular season, as he has held that position for five preseason games. Behind him on the depth chart at small forward are Thabo Sefolosha, Lamar Patterson and Kyle Korver, just depending on matchups with other teams. In Detroit, head coach Stan Van Gundy has named Steve Blake as his primary backup point guard rather than Spencer Dinwiddie. Van Gundy told the Detroit Free Press, “He’s just got a lot of experience. I like the way he moves the ball, passes the ball. I thought Spencer, though, has played four pretty good games in a row, so I’d be comfortable having him out there and we’ll see how it goes, but yeah I think Steve will be our backup.” Blake came in when Brandon Jennings went down with a torn Achilles, since Jennings will not be ready until around Christmas. When Jennings comes back, he and Blake will be vying for the backup minutes on the point. The Pistons have also picked up team options for 2016-17 for Kentavious Caldwell-Pope and Reggie Bullock.
Join for Free
Sports & Betting Topics
Sports Betting News Division is proudly brought to you by MyBookie Sportsbook & Casino
- Top NBA Betting Matchups and Picks for Opening Week 2018
- Final NBA Betting Predictions for the 2018 Season
- 2019 NBA Finals Possible Matchups
- Kawhi Leonard is Now a Toronto Raptor
- 2019 NBA Finals: Golden State Still Massive Favorite
- 2018 NBA Free Agency Update: The King Lands in La La Land
- 2018 NBA Free Agency Predictions: Who Ends Up a Laker?
- 2018 NBA Off-Season Update: Kawhi Wants Out and LeBron’s List
- NBA Odds & Early Predictions for 2019 Championship
- Can Cleveland Upset Golden State for 2018 Finals Game 4?
- 2018 Finals Preview: Warriors at Cavaliers Game 3 NBA
- 2018 NBA Finals Betting Preview: Cavaliers at Warriors Game 2
- 2018 Finals Preview for Game 1: Cavaliers vs Warriors
- 2018 NBA Championship Betting Analysis: Where to Put Your Money
- 2018 NBA Finals Odds, Game Times & TV Schedule
- NBA Odds & Prediction for Rockets vs. Warriors Game 6
- NBA Betting Pick for ECF Game 6: Boston at Cleveland
- Warriors at Rockets Game 5 NBA Odds & Betting Preview
- Celtics Slight NBA Favorites for Game 5 Against Cavs
- 2018 Playoffs Prediction: Rockets at Warriors NBA Game 4 Pick
- Updated NBA Championship Odds – May 21st Edition
- Celtics at Cavaliers NBA Odds & Game 4 Info – May 21
- 2018 Eastern Conference Finals Game 3 NBA: Celtics vs. Cavs
- Rockets at Warriors NBA Lines & Preview for Game 3
- Are the Rockets a Safe NBA Pick to Win the 2018 Championship?