We already know which 8 teams will be in the playoffs from the Western Conference, but what we don’t know just yet is who will be playing who in the opening round. While there is a huge gap between the top teams and the rest of the pack over in the Eastern Conference, the same cannot really be said in the West. The Golden State Warriors are once again on top of the conference, but there are only 8 ½ games separating them from the Oklahoma City Thunder in the #8 spot.
The playoffs are going to be tough to handicap, as you get the sense that any of these 8 teams could beat the rest on any given night. The San Antonio Spurs are down in the #7 spot at the moment, and if the season were to end now, they would face the Denver Nuggets in the opening round, which makes this meeting all the more interesting. Positions could still change, though, so this may not prove to be a playoff preview. The Nuggets are in as a 5-point home favorite, with the point total set at 213.
Spurs vs Nuggets NBA Odds, Preview & Pick for Wednesday Night
29 PTS | 7 REB | 7 AST | 2 STLAnother night of work for @DeMar_DeRozan 🔥 pic.twitter.com/sHnwccx0BA — San Antonio Spurs (@spurs) 3 de abril de 2019
- When: Wednesday, April 3 at 9 PM EST
- Where: Pepsi Center, Denver
- TV: TNT
- Radio: TuneIn/NBA
- Live Stream: NBA League Pass
- NBA Odds: Denver Nuggets -5 (Total 213)
Why bet on the San Antonio Spurs?
The Spurs are doing just enough to stay out of the #8 seed right now, going 6-4 in their last 10 games to stay a step ahead of the slumping Thunder. San Antonio could still potentially move up to a higher seed, but with the Clippers, the team just ahead of them, on a tear at the moment, the 2-game gap separating those teams seems just that much tougher to close down.
This is a team that has been about as close to unbeatable as it gets at home, going 31-9, but they have been unable to get anywhere close to that type of form on the road, posting a 14-24 record away from home. The Spurs have taken 2 of 3 from Denver this season, but both of those wins came in their own building. The Spurs have failed to cover in each of their last 4 games and are 10-12-1 ATS as a road dog.
- Total Score: 111.86
- Field Goal Percentage: 47.81
- Three-Point Percentage: 39.53
- Free Throw Percentage: 82.02
- Total Rebounds: 44.65
- Total Score: 110.37
- Field Goal Percentage: 46.33
- Three-Point Percentage: 36.16
- Free Throw Percentage: 75.52
- Total Rebounds: 44.18
Why bet on the Denver Nuggets?
The Denver Nuggets have had a fantastic regular season, pushing the race for the Western Conference crown all the way to the finish line. Their dream of landing the #1 seed seems to be fading, though, as they have now lost back to back games and are 2 games off the pace being set by the Warriors at the top.
Including this one, the Nuggets now have just 5 games left to close that gap, which seems somewhat unlikely at this point. Given that the Spurs may well be the team that they face in the opening round, Denver will be going all out to tie the regular season series. Playing at home helps, as the Nuggets are 31-7 on their own building while going 21-14 ATS as a home favorite.
- Total Score: 110.75
- Field Goal Percentage: 46.48
- Three-Point Percentage: 35.07
- Free Throw Percentage: 75.90
- Total Rebounds: 46.66
- Total Score: 106.86
- Field Goal Percentage: 45.84
- Three-Point Percentage: 33.94
- Free Throw Percentage: 75.18
- Total Rebounds: 42.34
Spurs vs Rockets NBA Betting Trends
- San Antonio is 4-8-1 ATS in its last 13 games on the road
- San Antonio is 4-9 SU in its last 13 games on the road
- The total has gone OVER in 11 of San Antonio’s last 16 games on the road
- Denver is 1-6 ATS in its last 7 games at home
- Denver is 21-4 SU in its last 25 games at home
- The total has gone UNDER in 8 of Denver’s last 9 games at home
Expert Pick & Final Score Prediction for Spurs vs Nuggets
The last 7 meetings between these two teams have gone the way of the home team, so it’s fair to suggest that Denver might well be a good choice here. I like the Nuggets to get back to winning ways, covering the spread in the process.
Score: San Antonio Spurs 103 – Denver Nuggets 109