The San Antonio Spurs battle the Denver Nuggets at the Pepsi Center in Denver in a key Game 5 on Tuesday, April 23. Spurs-Nuggets has been one of the better first round NBA Playoffs series. Can San Antonio beat Denver on the road the way they did in Game 1? Or, will the Nuggets protect their home court with a win? See below for NBA Playoffs betting analysis and a free pick for San Antonio-Denver Game 5!
Spurs vs Nuggets Game 5 2019 NBA Playoffs Odds
- When: Tuesday, April 23 at 9:30pm ET
- Where: Pepsi Center, Denver, CO
- TV: NBA TV
- ATS Odds: Nuggets -5 ½ (total 211.5)
Why San Antonio Spurs are a good bet at +5 ½
San Antonio lost Game 4, but in both Game 1 and Game 3, they rocked it. In Game 1, the Spurs beat the Nuggets 101-96 as a +5.5 dog. In Game 3, they dominated Denver 118-108 as a -4.5 home favorite.
San Antonio knows how to beat Denver. Not only that, but coach Gregg Popovich should make the necessary adjustments to give San Antonio a shot for the moneyline win. San Antonio can take this Game 5 straight up on Tuesday night.
- Points/G: 111.7
- Field Goal %: 47.8
- 3-Point %: 39.2
- Free Throw %: 81.9
- Rebounds/G: 44.7
- Points/G: 110.0
- Field Goal %: 46.3
- 3-Point %: 35.9
- Free Throw %: 75.5
- Rebounds/G: 43.9
Why Denver Nuggets are a good bet at -5 ½
Although Denver has had some tough moments during the series, they might have turned the corner in the impressive 117-103 Game 4 win. Facing the Spurs as a +3.5 road dog, Denver dominated after a sluggish first quarter.
The Nuggets came back to win after going down 22-34 in quarter one. They outscored the Spurs 33-20 in the second quarter and 37-25 in the third quarter. Denver knows now that they can take it to San Antonio. They’ve got a ton of confidence heading into this Game 5.
- Points/G: 110.7
- Field Goal %: 46.6
- 3-Point %: 35.1
- Free Throw %: 75.5
- Rebounds/G: 46.4
- Points/G: 106.7
- Field Goal %: 45.8
- 3-Point %: 33.9
- Free Throw %: 75.3
- Rebounds/G: 42.5
NBA Playoffs Betting Trends for San Antonio Spurs vs Denver Nuggets
- Spurs are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games following a double-digit loss at home
- Spurs are 16-6 ATS in the last 22 meetings in Denver
- Spurs are 3-8 ATS in their last 11 when their opponent allows 100 points or more in their previous games
- Nuggets are 2-9 ATS in their last 11 Conference Quarterfinals games
- Nuggets are 1-5 ATS in their last 6 home games versus a team with a road winning % of less than .400.
- Nuggets are 7-3 ATS in their last 10 games playing on 2 days rest
Spurs vs Nuggets Game 5 Final Analysis
Denver entered the series a favorite and although the Spurs have played the Nuggets tough during the series, it’s difficult to see what adjustments Popovich can make to keep Denver from winning and covering in this Game 5 matchup.