When you look at the conferences in the NBA, you see two very different scenarios playing out. The Western Conference still looks to be somewhat open in regards playoff places and seedings, while the Eastern Conference is very much taking the shape that we can expect to see when the regular season comes to an end. No-one is running down the Bucks and the Raptors, so expect those two to battle it out for the #1 spot.
The same is true with the #3 and #4 seeds, as it looks as though the Philadelphia 76ers and Indiana Pacers are going to land there, although, with the gap between them and the Celtics down in the #5 seed at just 2 games, anything might still happen.
The Indiana Pacers are looking to cement their spot in the top 4, which would give them home-court advantage in the opening round, but they have a tough one ahead of them on Thursday night with the Oklahoma City Thunder coming to town. OKC is in a battle of their own in the West, so expect a good one here. The Pacers are favored by a single point with the O/U set at 219 ½.
Thunder vs Pacers NBA Betting Odds & Game Info
- When: Thursday, March 14 at 7 PM EST
- Where: Bankers Life Fieldhouse, Indianapolis
- TV: TNT
- Radio: TuneIn/NBA
- Live Stream: NBA League Pass
- NBA Betting Odds: Indiana Pacers -120 (Total 218)
Why bet on the Oklahoma City Thunder?
Like we said at the start of this piece, the race in the Western Conference is tight, with the battle for those top 4 spots heating up as we come down the stretch. The Oklahoma City Thunder are right in the mix, occupying the #3 spot right now, but with a pair of teams within a ½ game of them, the margin for error is about as slim as it gets.
There was a time when OKC was creeping closer to the leaders, but a 4-6 record in their last 10 games now has them 4 ½ games out of the lead, making it look as though the #3 seed is going to be the best they can hope for. There are some signs that they are pulling out of their slump, as they have now won 2 in a row. On the road, the Thunder are 19-17 SU, as well as being 8-6 ATS as a road dog.
- Total Score: 115.07
- Field Goal Percentage: 45.70
- Three-Point Percentage: 34.60
- Free Throw Percentage: 71.54
- Total Rebounds: 48.21
- Total Score: 110.90
- Field Goal Percentage: 45.76
- Three-Point Percentage: 34.98
- Free Throw Percentage: 75.43
- Total Rebounds: 45.87
Why bet on the Indiana Pacers?
The Pacers are also looking at maintaining a spot in the top 4, but like the Thunder, they are not doing a lot to help their cause, going 5-5 in the last 10 games. While their spot looks quite comfortable at the moment, it is worth remembering that they are just 2 games up on the Boston Celtics, who currently sit down in the #5 spot.
Certainly, Boston isn’t doing much to pose a threat to the top 4, but that can change quickly as we come down the stretch. The advantage that the Pacers have here is that they are at home court, where they have been very good, going 26-9 SU and 16-13 ATS as a home favorite.
- Total Score: 108.16
- Field Goal Percentage: 47.58
- Three-Point Percentage: 37.44
- Free Throw Percentage: 75.37
- Total Rebounds: 43.12
- Total Score: 103.87
- Field Goal Percentage: 44.84
- Three-Point Percentage: 35.48
- Free Throw Percentage: 75.30
- Total Rebounds: 43.53
Thunder vs Pacers NBA Betting Trends
- Oklahoma City is 2-5 ATS in its last 7 games on the road
- Oklahoma City is 2-5 SU in its last 7 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Oklahoma City’s last 6 games on the road
- Indiana is 7-3 ATS in its last 10 games at home
- Indiana is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games at home
- The total has gone UNDER in 17 of Indiana’s last 25 games at home
Expert Pick and Final Score Prediction
It was OKC who took both meetings against the Pacers last season, but I have a hunch that Indiana is going to get the win in this one. I like them at home, and I think they win and cover on Thursday night.
Score: Oklahoma City Thunder 107 – Indiana Pacers 110