While the number of teams to have clinched a spot in the NBA playoffs continues to grow with each passing day, we are still no closer to knowing who will land the #1 seed in each of the conferences. The Western Conference has a real battle going on, with just a half-game separating the Golden State Warriors and the Denver Nuggets. Over in the Eastern Conference, it was looking as though the Milwaukee Bucks has the conference crown all but locked up, but the Toronto Raptors keep chipping away at the lead to make things very interesting indeed.
The Raptors will be looking to continue to put pressure on the Bucks at the top of the conference, but they have what looks to be a tough one on Friday night, as they will be welcoming in Russell Westbrook and the Oklahoma City Thunder. The last meeting between these two this season was a good one, and since they are both going to be playoff bound, we can expect another battle of the giants here. Toronto is in as a 2 ½ point home favorite, with the point total set at 226.
Thunder vs Raptors NBA Week 23 Odds & Game Preview
- When: Friday, March 22 at 7:30 PM EST
- Where: Scotiabank Arena, Toronto
- TV: NBATV
- Radio: TuneIn/NBA
- Live Stream: NBA League Pass
- NBA Odds: Toronto Raptors -2.5 (Total 225)
Why bet on the Oklahoma City Thunder?
The Oklahoma City Thunder will be heading to the playoffs, but they are a team that seems intent on making things as difficult as possible for themselves, After getting within striking distance of the top 4, and the home court advantage that it delivers, they then go on a 4-game losing skid that has them now sitting 2 ½ games back of the Portland Trail Blazers in the #4 spot.
OKC is now just 4-6 in their last 10 games and could well see their stock drop even further if they cannot break out of this slump, which us the tightness of the race for seedings in the West. The Thunder lost 123-114 to Toronto last night, but that loss came after OT. Oklahoma City is 19-18 SU on the road and is also 8-7 ATS as a road dog.
- Total Score: 114.44
- Field Goal Percentage: 45.40
- Three-Point Percentage: 34.50
- Free Throw Percentage: 71.23
- Total Rebounds: 48.21
- Total Score: 111.08
- Field Goal Percentage: 45.88
- Three-Point Percentage: 35.09
- Free Throw Percentage: 75.96
- Total Rebounds: 45.93
Why bet on the Toronto Raptors?
After experiencing a little bit of a wobbly stretch, the Raptors appear to have found their feet again winning back to back games and covering in both. That modest little run sees them now within 2 games of the Milwaukee Bucks at the top of the Eastern Conference, so Toronto will be looking to make a strong push in the final few weeks to see if they can get on top and repeat as the Eastern Conference champs.
The Raptors took out OKC last night and will be well aware of just how tough it is to beat a team in back to back games. Home court advantage is definitely a bonus for Toronto, who are 29-7 in their own building. The Raptors come into this one having gone just 16-20 ATS as a home favorite.
- Total Score: 114.22
- Field Goal Percentage: 47.10
- Three-Point Percentage: 35.68
- Free Throw Percentage: 79.98
- Total Rebounds: 45.24
- Total Score: 108.64
- Field Goal Percentage: 45.07
- Three-Point Percentage: 34.28
- Free Throw Percentage: 76.50
- Total Rebounds: 44.71
Thunder vs Raptors NBA Week 23 Betting Trends
- Oklahoma City is 2-6 ATS in its last 8 games on the road
- Oklahoma City is 2-6 SU in its last 8 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Oklahoma City’s last 7 games on the road
- Toronto is 3-6 ATS in its last 9 games at home
- Toronto is 18-3 SU in its last 21 games at home
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Toronto’s last 6 games at home
Expert Pick & Final Score Prediction for Thunder vs Raptors
It’s going to be interesting to see which team has the legs to last this one after going into OT in their meeting last night. I am taking Toronto to complete the double, plus I like them to cover the spread.
Score: Oklahoma City Thunder 108 – Toronto Raptors 116