When you look at particular match-ups in the NBA, you often see very specific trends develop. It’s not that uncommon to find one team having a losing streak against another in a run that goes back for years. Every team in the league seems to have that one team that they hate to face, simply because they never seem to be able to find a way to solve them. In those situations, you tend to have yourself a bit of an easy bet, but what do you do when the script is flipped? That is the situation that we are looking at in the game between the Oklahoma City Thunder and the Portland Trail Blazers on Thursday night.
Heading into this season, the Trail Blazers had been money against OKC, beating them in 6 straight games, but that has all changed now, as the Thunder have won all 3 of their meetings with Portland this season. Can the Trail Blazers avoid the season sweep? The bookies have them in as a 3 ½ point favorite, with the point total set at 233.
Thunder vs Blazers NBA Betting Lines & Pick for Thursday Night
We went 6-3 in the month of February.Take a look at some of the highlights 🔥🎥 pic.twitter.com/FQ3rYWp0Hx — Trail Blazers (@trailblazers) 7 de marzo de 2019
- When: Thursday, March 7 at 10:30 PM EST
- Where: Moda Center, Portland
- TV: TNT
- Radio: TuneIn/NBA
- Live Stream: NBA League Pass
- NBA Odds: Portland Trail Blazers -4 (Total 232.5)
Why bet on the Oklahoma City Thunder?
The Thunder are clinging to the #4 seed in the Western Conference, just ahead of the Trail Blazers, who just happen to have the exact same season record as OKC. The Thunder are not heading in the right direction, though, as their 4-6 record over the last 10 games has them in real danger of slipping out of the top 4 and losing out on home court advantage in the opening round.
While OKC does have a winning record on the road, 17-16 is not particularly convincing, especially when there is a good chance that they are going to need to play more games on the road than at home if they want to make a deep run in the playoffs. As far as the spread goes, the Thunder are 17-16 ATS on the road and 6-5 ATS as a road underdog.
- Total Score: 115.31
- Field Goal Percentage: 45.84
- Three-Point Percentage: 34.84
- Free Throw Percentage: 71.45
- Total Rebounds: 47.95
- Total Score: 111.20
- Field Goal Percentage: 46.08
- Three-Point Percentage: 35.31
- Free Throw Percentage: 75.65
- Total Rebounds: 45.69
Why bet on the Portland Trail Blazers?
While the Trail Blazers are not exactly playing their best ball of the season right now, their 6-4 record in the last 10 games does have them closing the gap on the top 4. One thing that has been consistent with this team has been their play on home court, where they currently boast an impressive 24-8 record. Of concern, though, is their play against the Thunder this season, losing all 3 games to them, including one in their own building.
Prior to that defeat, though, the Trail Blazers had picked up 8 straight wins on home court versus the Thunder, so there is every reason to believe that they can get the W here. Portland is a solid 21-11 ATS in home games, which includes being 17-9 ATS as a home favorite.
- Total Score: 113.25
- Field Goal Percentage: 46.56
- Three-Point Percentage: 35.98
- Free Throw Percentage: 81.91
- Total Rebounds: 47.58
- Total Score: 110.16
- Field Goal Percentage: 45.76
- Three-Point Percentage: 36.39
- Free Throw Percentage: 76.61
- Total Rebounds: 42.84
Thunder vs Trail Blazers NBA Betting Trends
- Oklahoma City is 1-5 ATS in its last 6 games on the road
- Oklahoma City is 1-5 SU in its last 6 games on the road
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Oklahoma City’s last 9 games on the road
- Portland is 8-1 ATS in its last 9 games at home
- Portland is 10-1 SU in its last 11 games at home
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Portland’s last 5 games at home
Expert Pick & Final Score Prediction for Thunder vs Blazers
While neither of these two is playing particularly well at the moment, you do have to like the Trail Blazers at home, even though they already lost to OKC there this season. I am taking Portland to win and cover.
Score: Oklahoma City Thunder 110 – Portland Trail Blazers 117