Picking out the top 2 or 3 teams in each conference in the NBA is not a particularly difficult task, but things start to get a little tougher once you get beyond that group. Sure, there are a handful of teams that are truly awful, but the remaining group is all pretty close, which makes things very interesting for those of us who like to wager on the NBA on a daily basis. Over the last few seasons, the LA Clippers have been among the top 3 or 4 teams in the Western Conference, but that has changed this year, as they are currently sitting well below the playoff line and have lost their status as a lock NBA pick week after week.
They are not so far out of it just yet that they won’t be able to claw their way back into the postseason picture, but they need to start putting together some wins against teams that are currently occupying the top 8 spots. They have an opportunity to do just that on Wednesday night when they welcome in the NBA odds favorite Minnesota Timberwolves to the Staples Center.
This will be the second meeting between these two teams in the matter of a couple of days, with the Clippers out for revenge after losing the previous game.
Minnesota Timberwolves vs. LA Clippers Game Info & NBA Pick
Slow and . . . GOOOOOO! pic.twitter.com/2cZKt73RSY
— Timberwolves (@Timberwolves) 5 de diciembre de 2017
- When: Wednesday, December 6 at 10:30 PM EST
- Where: Staples Center, LA
- TV: ESPN
- Radio: 107.5 FM (Minnesota) / 910 AM (Los Angeles)
- Live Stream: Watch ESPN
- NBA Odds: TBA
- All: Minnesota Timberwolves 14-11 / LA Clippers 8-14
- Home: Minnesota Timberwolves 8-4 / LA Clippers 4-6
- Away: Minnesota Timberwolves 6-7 / LA Clippers 4-8
- As Favorite: Minnesota Timberwolves 10-6 / LA Clippers 7-6
- As Underdog: Minnesota Timberwolves 4-5 / LA Clippers 1-8
- ATS: Minnesota Timberwolves 10-13-2 / LA Clippers 9-13
- Over/Under: Minnesota Timberwolves 12-12-1 / LA Clippers 10-11-1
Recent Head to Head (Last 10 Games)
- Record: LA Clippers lead 6-4
- Score: Minnesota Timberwolves 100.10 / LA Clippers 103.40
- Field Goal Percentage: Minnesota Timberwolves 46.91 / LA Clippers 43.93
- Rebounds: Minnesota Timberwolves 39.90 / LA Clippers 45.10
- 3 Point Shots: Minnesota Timberwolves 98-278 / LA Clippers 63-181
- Steals: Minnesota Timberwolves 7.70 / LA Clippers 7.60
Why should the Timberwolves be your NBA Pick?
The Timberwolves have quietly crept their way into the #6 spot in the Western Conference with a 14-11 record, but their recent play suggests that they may have a difficult time holding of the teams sitting just behind them right now. The Timberwolves are just 4-6 in their last 10 games and have struggled to find any level of consistency, as they do not have any back to back wins during that 10-game run.
A big part of their problem has been an inability to get the job done on the road, where they are currently at 6-7 on the season. That said, where they have been strong this year is in games against conference foes, as they have amassed an 11-5 record, which includes their 112-106 win over these Clippers a couple of nights ago. The Timberwolves have also been good versus sub-.500 opponents, going 9-5 against that group.
- Total Score: 107.28
- Field Goal Percentage: 46.74
- Three Point Percentage: 36.19
- Free Throw Percentage: 79.52
- Total Rebounds: 42.04
- Total Score: 106.84
- Field Goal Percentage: 48.55
- Three Point Percentage: 36.20
- Free Throw Percentage: 77.16
- Total Rebounds: 40.64
Why should the Clippers be your NBA Pick?
The LA Clippers are starting to see a trend develop when they play the Minnesota Timberwolves, as their loss to them the other night now means that they have lost 3 in a row to the T-Wolves. Of greater concern, though, is the 9-14 start that the Clippers have made to the season, which now includes 3-straight losses coming into this one. The Staples center has not been the happy home that it used to be for the Clippers, as they are a couple of games below .500 in their own building.
A big part of the Clipper’s problem this season has been their play on the defensive side of the court, where they are currently giving up a whopping 107.5 PPG. They are scoring close to 105 PPH, which is only good enough to put them in the middle of the pack in the NBA. The Clippers are just 2-8 versus teams with a record above the .500 margin.
- Total Score: 104.86
- Field Goal Percentage: 45.28
- Three Point Percentage: 35.75
- Free Throw Percentage: 75.51
- Total Rebounds: 42.91
- Total Score: 107.45
- Field Goal Percentage: 46.22
- Three Point Percentage: 38.10
- Free Throw Percentage: 78.41
- Total Rebounds: 43.64
Latest NBA Betting Trends
- Minnesota is 2-6-1 ATS in its last 9 games
- Minnesota is 7-18 SU in its last 25 games on the road
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Minnesota’s last 5 games
- LA Clippers is 3-11 ATS in its last 14 games
- LA Clippers is 3-11 SU in its last 14 games
Expert NBA Pick and Final Score Prediction
The Clippers are in some serious trouble this season and look to be heading into a losing streak that is going to be tough to break out of. I certainly don’t see them doing against a Timberwolves team that has had their number of late.
Score: Minnesota Timberwolves 108 – LA Clippers 103