It is still a little too early in the game to start speculating about which two teams might be going head to head in the NBA Finals, although we do have an idea of which teams are likely to make a deep run in each of the conferences. Surprisingly enough, there are a few teams in that group right now that need to be considered a bit of an unexpected arrival, with the likes of the Denver Nuggets and Milwaukee Bucks playing a whole lot better than expected.
Given what they have done over the past few seasons, it’s no surprise to see the Golden State Warriors on top of the Western Conference as we edge ever closer to the NBA All-Star Break. They are on an amazing run of form right now, but they will get a serious test on Monday night when they go on the road to face an Indiana Pacers team that is still very much in the hunt for the Eastern Conference crown. The Warriors come into this game as an 8 ½ point road favorite, with the point total set at 226.
Warriors vs Pacers NBA Week 16 Odds & Expert Pick
The Warriors have won their last 10 games, & seven of those victories have come on the road.Both the overall and road winning streak are the longest in the NBA this season, & the Dubs will look to extend both tonight. Full preview 👇https://t.co/DOUUCz08hv — Golden State Warriors (@warriors) 28 de enero de 2019
- When: Monday, January 28 at 7 PM EST
- Where: Bankers Life Fieldhouse, Indianapolis
- TV: NBA TV
- Radio: TuneIn
- Live Stream: NBA League Pass
- NBA Odds: Golden State Warriors -8.5 (Total 228)
Why bet on the Golden State Warriors?
By their own lofty standards, the Golden State Warriors would likely admit that they were not at their best through some patches of the first half of the season. Those minor stumbles appear to now be a thing of the past, as the Warriors are coming into this week on a 10-game winning streak. That amazing run of form has allowed Golden State to open up a game and a half lead on the Denver Nuggets at the top of the Western Conference.
The Warriors head out on the road looking to improve on their 17-8 record away from home, but they are going to be tested against a Pacers team that beat them in both meetings last season. Those losses aside, Golden State has still won 2 of their last 3 games in Indiana. The Warriors have covered the spread in 7 of their last 10 games, but overall are just 10-11 ATS as a road favorite.
- Total Score: 118.80
- Field Goal Percentage: 48.98
- Three-Point Percentage: 38.88
- Free Throw Percentage: 82.07
- Total Rebounds: 46.71
- Total Score: 112.02
- Field Goal Percentage: 44.86
- Three-Point Percentage: 34.94
- Free Throw Percentage: 75.94
- Total Rebounds: 43.35
Why bet on the Indiana Pacers?
While the Bucks and the Raptors slug it out for the top spot in the Eastern Conference, the Indiana Pacers are quietly sitting just 3 games off the pace, right behind the leaders. While they do have a winning record over their last 10 outings, it’s fair to suggest that going 6-4 is not enough to help them really close that gap.
The Pacers have certainly made the most of home court advantage this season, going 18-6 in their own building. Overall, they are 12-12 SU versus teams with a winning record, which is another area where they are going to need to improve ahead of the playoffs. The Pacers have only been a home underdog 3 times this season, covering in all 3 of those games.
- Total Score: 108.85
- Field Goal Percentage: 47.86
- Three-Point Percentage: 37.28
- Free Throw Percentage: 75.37
- Total Rebounds: 43.85
- Total Score: 103.23
- Field Goal Percentage: 44.44
- Three-Point Percentage: 35.91
- Free Throw Percentage: 76.51
- Total Rebounds: 42.69
Warriors vs Pacers NBA Week 18 Betting Trends
- Golden State is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games on the road
- Golden State is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games on the road
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Golden State’s last 8 games on the road
- Indiana is 4-8 ATS in its last 12 games
- Indiana is 7-1 SU in its last 8 games at home
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Indiana’s last 5 games at home
Expert NBA Betting Pick and Final Score Prediction for Warriors vs Pacers
I think we are in for a closer game than the point spread suggests here, which is why I will be taking the Pacers to cover the spread in a losing effort.
Score: Golden State Warriors 114 – Indiana Pacers 110