Another week of college basketball is in the books as we get ever closer to the end of the regular season and the upcoming tournament. There were no real major surprises to speak of this past week, with the tip 4 teams remaining the same as they were in the previous rankings. We did see one serious mover, with the Oklahoma Sooners jumping 15 places to crack the top 10. Let’s take a closer look at the top teams in the current National Rankings so you can keep betting against their College Basketball odds.
Updated NCAA Basketball Power Rankings
- Gonzaga Bulldogs – The Bulldogs continue to tear up opposing defenses as they moved to 17-0 this past week with wins over San Diego and Pepperdine. Their next game, which was scheduled for Feb. 4, has been postponed, so their next game will come on the weekend, when they will face Loyola Marymount. With the end of the season in sight and no more games against currently ranked teams, an unbeaten season looks likely.
- Baylor Bears – Given the strange nature of this season, being able to stay unbeaten is quite an accomplishment. Baylor moved to 16-0 after destroying #6 ranked Texas on Tuesday night. Their path to an unbeaten season is a little tougher, as they have 5 of their last 7 games in the regular season coming against ranked opponents.
- Villanova Wildcats – It has proven to be a trying season for the Wildcats, with 7 of their last 10 games postponed due to the pandemic. When they have been able to play, they have looked good, putting up an 11-1 record. They have a pair of games scheduled for this week that are still listed as being good to go.
- Michigan Wolverines – The last time that the Michigan Wolverines played a game, they moved to 13-1 with a win over Purdue on Jan. 22. They have been shut out of action for 2 weeks now, but they are set to return with a pair of games against ranked opponents this week. That’s going to be a tough ask for a team that might well be a little rusty.
- Houston Cougars – While the top 4 remains the same, the Houston Cougars moved up one to the #5 slot in the rankings. They had wins over Tulane and SMU last week to move to 15-1 on the season. hey are now on a run of 8 straight wins, although no victories over ranked opponents in among that run.
- Texas Longhorns – It has been a rough couple of weeks for the Longhorns, who have mow lost 3 of their last 4 to fall to 11-4 on the season. The losses have come against ranked opposition, and things might be about to get worse, as they are going against the Oklahoma Sooners, a team on an absolute tear, in their next game.
- Ohio State Buckeyes – While it was Oklahoma making the big move this past week, we also saw a nice jump up the rankings from the Ohio State Buckeyes, who moved up 6 spots. Wins over Penn State and Michigan State last week helped their cause, moving them to 14-4 on the season. They face #8 ranked Iowa next, so another chance to make an upwards move.
College Basketball Betting News
- Weber State Wildcats vs. Northern Colorado Bears: 3/6/2021 Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends – CANCELLED
- Kentucky Wildcats vs. South Carolina Gamecocks: 3/6/2021 Matchup Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Clemson Tigers vs. Pittsburgh Panthers 3/6/2021 Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- UConn Huskies vs. Georgetown Hoyas: 3/6/2021 Matchup Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Bryant Bulldogs vs. Sacred Heart Pioneers: 3/6/2021 Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends