Unlike other sports like Soccer or Major League Baseball where home advantage is more of an ubiquitous thing in the mind rather than a tangible edge in sports betting, home court advantage in college basketball betting is a big deal as any other out there. To understand what we are saying; take a look at the following NCAAB online sporstbook odds trends, for instance.
- The SMU Mustangs (19-2, 1st in America) are one of the few two-loss teams in the country. Both of their losses came on the road (at Temple, at Houston).
- All of the #7 Kansas Jayhawks’ three conference losses have come on the road (at Western Virginia, at Oklahoma State, at Iowa State)
- The #6 Xavier Musketeers (20-2) had their first loss of the season handed to them on the road by Villanova, and it was far from a pretty loss.
- The #2 North Carolina Tar Heels (19-3) have suffered three losses, and all of them have come on the road, including Monday’s 6-point loss to Louisville
- The #1 Oklahoma Sooners (19-2) have suffered two losses, both coming away from home, including that memorable 109-106 triple-overtime thriller at Kansas. FYI, OU’s Buddy Hield scored a whopping 46 points in that game, but his team still lost.