The 19th-ranked West Virginia Mountaineers will look to rebound from their humbling loss on Saturday when they host the 15th-ranked Virginia Cavaliers in a huge matchup of national championship hopefuls on Tuesday night. If you’re looking to find the NCAAB odds value in this matchup, let’s find out where that lies right now before making your NCAAB betting pick.
NCAAB Betting Preview & Expert Pick: Virginia (8-0) vs. West Virginia (7-1)
Newcomer Nigel Johnson (@TakingFlight_23) contributed a career-high eight assists, and No. 18 @UVAMensHoops improved to 8-0 with a selfless performance Saturday afternoon at @JPJArena: https://t.co/NTL1umAfSt pic.twitter.com/nHK8dgE7i6
— Jeff White (@JeffWhiteUVa) 3 de diciembre de 2017
- When: Tuesday, December 5, 2017, 7:00 PM ET
- Where: WVU Coliseum, Morgantown, West Virginia
- Live Stream: ACC Network
- NCAAB Odds: West Virginia -2.5
Recent Head to Head (Last 2 Games)
- Record: Tied 1-1
- Score: Virginia Cavaliers 63.50 / West Virginia Mountaineers 60.00
- Field Goal Percentage: Virginia Cavaliers 53.85 / West Virginia Mountaineers 42.57
- Rebounds: Virginia Cavaliers 28.50 / West Virginia Mountaineers 26.00
- 3 Point Shots: Virginia Cavaliers 9-27 / West Virginia Mountaineers 6-29
- Steals: Virginia Cavaliers 5.00 / West Virginia Mountaineers 10.00
- All: Virginia Cavaliers 8-0 / West Virginia Mountaineers 7-1
- Home: Virginia Cavaliers 5-0 / West Virginia Mountaineers 6-1
- Away: Virginia Cavaliers 3-0 / West Virginia Mountaineers 1-0
- ATS: Virginia Cavaliers 6-1 / West Virginia Mountaineers 2-3
- Over/Under: Virginia Cavaliers 2-5 / West Virginia Mountaineers 3-2
Why Bet on the Virginia Cavaliers Odds at +2.5?
The best reason to bet on Virginia is that they keep finding ways to win and rarely turn the ball over. Virginia moved to 8-0 on the season by spanking Lehigh 75-54 on Friday as Kyle Guy scored a team-high 21 points. Virginia led 39-23 at halftime and by as many as 23 in the second half. Guy played just 24 minutes but matched his career high with five 3-pointers. He also had three steals.
“He was moving well. He’s developed the ability to put it on the floor,” Virginia coach Tony Bennett said.
Lehigh coach Brett Reed was impressed by Guy and Cavs starters Isaiah Wilkins added 14 points and Devon Hall contributed 11 points in the win.
“He (Guy) has an unbelievably quick release and he’s able to turn and square his body in the air extremely well,” Reed said.
- Total Score: 70.50
- Field Goal Percentage: 49.18
- Three Point Percentage: 37.32
- Free Throw Percentage: 78.76
- Total Rebounds: 33.25
- Total Score: 50.62
- Field Goal Percentage: 36.02
- Three Point Percentage: 27.56
- Free Throw Percentage: 65.52
- Total Rebounds: 29.50
Why Bet on the West Virginia Mountaineers Odds at -2.5?
The best reason to bet on West Virginia is that they can score the ball like crazy. The Mountaineers won their seventh straight games by routing overmatched NJIT 102-69 on Thursday night. Jevon Carter scored a team-high 25 points and grabbed nine rebounds and became West Virginia’s all-time steals leader in the win.
“Jevon is fun to watch,” West Virginia forward Teddy Allen said. “Even as his teammate, seeing him practice every day, he works at it, man. To see him be successful and reach his goals is cool.”
Carter had five steals against NJIT, making him WVU’s all-time leader with 255, passing the school record set in 1983.
“It doesn’t mean much now,” Carter said. “I’m sure it will mean a lot once I’m done but right now I’m just focused on the game and moving on to the next one.”
- Total Score: 89.62
- Field Goal Percentage: 44.42
- Three Point Percentage: 33.33
- Free Throw Percentage: 74.36
- Total Rebounds: 41.50
- Total Score: 66.62
- Field Goal Percentage: 40.84
- Three Point Percentage: 38.46
- Free Throw Percentage: 66.12
- Total Rebounds: 36.38
Latest NCAAB Betting Trends
- Cavaliers are 5-0 ATS in their last 5 games
- Cavaliers are 5-0 SU in their last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Virginia’s last 7 games
- Mountaineers are 2-4 ATS in their last 6 games
- Mountaineers are 5-0 SU in their last 5 games
Expert Analysis and Prediction
West Virginia likes to get out and run while Virginia likes to slow the pace and place a premium on their stout defense. For me, I’m going to advise you to back the Mountaineers to get the narrow win in this contest, if only because I believe Jevon carter will be the best player on the floor and West Virginia has a couple of more efficient scorers than Virginia.
The Mountaineers are 5-1 ATS in their last six games against ACC teams and 11-5 ATS in their last 16 Tuesday night games. Virginia is 0-5 ATS in their last five games when their opponent top the 100-point plateau in their previous game.
NCAAB Betting Pick: Virginia 66 – West Virginia 73