The No. 2 seed Buffalo Bulls (15-7) and the No. 3 seed Akron Zips (15-7) meet in the MAC Tournament semifinals with a spot in the championship game on the line Friday at Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse, tipping off at 7:30 PM ET on CBS Sports. Buffalo is favored by 3 points. Both teams are looking to take another step toward a conference title and an automatic spot in the NCAA Tournament bracket.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
- In nine of 22 outings (40.9%) this season, the Bulls and their opponents have scored no less than this matchup’s over/under of 153.5 points.
- Akron has played in 11 games this year (out of 22 total matchups — 50% of opportunities) where they combined with their opponents to score at least 153.5 points.
- The two teams average a combined 7.2 more points per game (160.7) than this game’s over/under of 153.5 points.
- Opponents of these teams have averaged a combined 144.1 points per game, 9.4 fewer than the point total for this matchup.
- The average over/under the Bulls have had set in matchups this year is 1.1 more points than this outing’s point total.
- The average total for Zips games this year is 3.4 less points than the point total of 153.5 for this outing.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Bulls put up 10.5 more points per game (82.3) than the Zips allow (71.8).
- Buffalo is 15-5 overall and 14-0 against the spread when scoring more than 71.8 points.
- When Akron allows more than 82.3 points, it is 1-3 against the spread and 2-3 overall.
- The Zips put up 6.1 more points per game (78.4) than the Bulls allow their opponents to score (72.3).
- Akron is 10-0 against the spread and 12-4 overall when it scores more than 72.3 points.
- Buffalo is 1-3 against the spread and 0-4 overall when it gives up more than 78.4 points.
- The Bulls have totaled 221 more points than their opponents this season (10 per game on average), and the Zips have scored 145 more points than their opponents (6.6 per game).
Buffalo Betting Information
- Against the spread, Buffalo has been strong this season, posting a 14-7 record.
- When favored by at least 3 points, the Bulls have fared well against the spread, putting together a 10-3 record.
- The Bulls have typically run under the total this season, reaching the over/under in 10 of 21 games (47.6%).
Akron Betting Information
- Akron has a 13-7 record against the spread, covering in 65% of their games.
- The Zips have fared well as a 3-point underdog, going 7-5 against the spread when they are at least 3-point underdogs.
- In 10 out of Akron’s 20 games this season, (50%) the teams have combined to hit the over.
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|3/2/2021||Buffalo||-6.5||159.5||-281||+225||Regular Season||80-78 BUF|
|2/29/2020||Buffalo||-1||154.5||-116||-107||Regular Season||86-73 AKRON|
|1/28/2020||Akron||-7.5||158.5||-354||+271||Regular Season||77-74 BUF|
|2/26/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||77-64 BUF|
|2/12/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||76-70 BUF|
- The scoring leader for the Bulls this season is Jeenathan Williams, who averages 17.3 points, 7.0 rebounds, and 2.4 assists per game.
- Josh Mballa is Buffalo’s leading rebounder, pulling down 10.4 per game, while Ronaldo Segu is its best passer, averaging 4.5 assists in each contest.
- Segu makes more threes per game than any other member of the Bulls, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 1.8 per contest.
- Mballa is Buffalo’s leader in steals, averaging 1.7 steals per game, while Brock Bertram leads them in blocks with 1.1 per contest.
- The Zips’ Loren Cristian Jackson averages enough points (22.0 per game) and assists (6.2 per game) to sit atop the squad’s leaderboards.
- Enrique Freeman’s stat line of 8.9 rebounds, 7.7 points and 0.3 assists per game helps him grab the top spot on the Akron rebounding leaderboard.
- Bryan Trimble Jr. provides the most three-point shooting production for the Zips. He makes 3.3 threes per game.
- Akron’s leader in steals is Jackson with 1.0 per game, and its leader in blocks is Freeman with 1.8 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED