The 24th ranked Colorado Buffaloes will look to take care of business at home when they host the California Golden Bears in a Thursday night pairing of Pac-12 rivals. With both ballclubs looking to record consecutive victories after picking up wins the last time out, let’s find out which team is offering the best value against their NCAAB Odds in this contest.
California vs Colorado 2020 College Basketball Odds, Preview & Pick
- When: Thursday February 6, 2020, 8:00 PM ET
- Where: CU Events Center, Boulder, CO
- Radio: California / Colorado
- TV: PAC12
- NCAAB Odds: Colorado -16
- Total: 128.5
Why Bet On California?
The Golden Bears have dropped three of their last five but managed to get past Oregon State in a thriller 69-67 on Saturday as Matt Bradley scored a team-high 23 points to go along with 6 rebounds, and 2 assists. Cal drilled a blistering 50 percent from the field in the win while holding Oregon State to 36 percent shooting. Cal averages a paltry 63.4 points per game (333rd) while allowing 68.1 points per contest defensively (150th). Making matters worse is the fact that Bradley is the only player that averages double figures in scoring for the Bears. Cal has lost all five of their road dates this season.
- Total Score: 63.38
- Field Goal Percentage: 42.68
- Three-Point Percentage: 33.76
- Free Throw Percentage: 72.82
- Total Rebounds: 32.95
- Total Score: 68.14
- Field Goal Percentage: 41.80
- Three-Point Percentage: 35.87
- Free Throw Percentage: 73.82
- Total Rebounds: 33.67
Golden Bears NCAAB Betting Trends
- Golden Bears are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games vs. a team with a winning % above .600.
- Golden Bears are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games vs. a team with a winning straight up record.
- Golden Bears are 9-3 ATS in their last 12 games following a ATS win.
- Golden Bears are 5-2 ATS in their last 7 games overall.
- Golden Bears are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games following a straight up win.
- Golden Bears are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 road games following three or more consecutive home games.
- Golden Bears are 0-5 ATS in their last 5 road games vs. a team with a winning home record.
Why Bet On Colorado?
The Buffaloes have won three of their last four games including a 78-57 smackdown of USC on Saturday as forward Tyler Bey scored 16 points and pulled down seven rebounds while guard McKinley Wright added 12 points and eight assists. Colorado has three players that average double figures in scoring and the Buffs put up 72.2 points per game (152nd) while limiting the opposition to just 62.0 points per game defensively to rank 27th nationally in points allowed. Colorado has won 10 of their 12 home dates this season.
- Total Score: 72.18
- Field Goal Percentage: 44.01
- Three-Point Percentage: 36.89
- Free Throw Percentage: 74.31
- Total Rebounds: 37.77
- Total Score: 61.95
- Field Goal Percentage: 39.84
- Three-Point Percentage: 33.00
- Free Throw Percentage: 72.20
- Total Rebounds: 31.68
Buffaloes NCAAB Betting Trends
- Buffaloes are 5-0 ATS in their last 5 games following a straight up win of more than 20 points.
- Buffaloes are 19-7 ATS in their last 26 home games vs. a team with a losing road record.
- Buffaloes are 5-2 ATS in their last 7 games as a favorite.
- Buffaloes are 38-18-2 ATS in their last 58 home games.
- Buffaloes are 1-5 ATS in their last 6 games vs. a team with a losing straight up record.
California vs Colorado Expert Analysis and Prediction
Colorado has been fantastic at home over the last two seasons and California is one of the most offensively-challenged teams in the nation, with just one player putting up double digits in scoring. The Golden Bears have yet to win on the road and Colorado will almost assuredly be locked-in as they head down the stretch run of the Pac-12 regular season while looking to challenge for the conference crown.
Colorado has won four straight in the series against Cal and the Buffaloes are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games as a home favorite and 8-3 ATS in their last 11 games overall. With California going a dismal 0-6 ATS in their last 6 road games and the favorite in this Pac-12 rivalry going 5-2 ATS in the last 7 meetings, I say the handwriting is on the wall for a Colorado win and ATS cover.
Pick: Colorado 79 California 62