In college sports, there are schools that are synonymous with success, as these programs are able to re-tool and be very good every single year. There are several teams like that in the college basketball betting scenario, with the Kansas Jayhawks certainly included in that list. They last won a National Championship in 2008, but are always a part of March Madness, so we always expect that they will be good and that they will always be in contention to win the Big 12 and go on a deep run in the playoffs. They still might do all of that this season, but we are seeing early on that it may not be a smooth ride.
Kansas will be looking to return to winning ways on Saturday night when they head to Lincoln, Nebraska to face the Cornhuskers. This is a match-up that you would ordinarily expect Kansas to win quite comfortably, but given how things have gone for the Jayhawks this past week, it may not end up being the slam dunk that we all expect it to be. Can the Cornhuskers pull off the upset in their own building no matter what the NCAAB lines says?
College Basketball Betting Preview: Kansas Jayhawks vs. Nebraska Cornhuskers
For the 243rd time, Kansas and Nebraska will hit the hardwood when the two former conference foes meet Saturday in Lincoln. #KUbball
— Kansas Basketball (@KUHoops) 14 de diciembre de 2017
- When: Saturday, December 16 at 8 PM EST
- Where: Pinnacle Bank Arena, Lincoln
- TV: FS1
- Radio: 99.3 FM (Kansas) / 102.1 FM (Nebraska)
- Live Stream: Fox Sports Go
- College Basketball Betting Odds: TBA
- All: Kansas Jayhawks 7-2 / Nebraska Cornhuskers 7-4
- Home: Kansas Jayhawks 7-2 / Nebraska Cornhuskers 6-1
- Away: Kansas Jayhawks 0-0 / Nebraska Cornhuskers 1-3
- As Favorite: Kansas Jayhawks 6-2 / Nebraska Cornhuskers 6-0
- As Underdog: Kansas Jayhawks 0-0 / Nebraska Cornhuskers 1-4
- ATS: Kansas Jayhawks 5-3 / Nebraska Cornhuskers 6-5
- Over/Under: Kansas Jayhawks 3-5 / Nebraska Cornhuskers 4-7
Recent Head to Head (Last 10 Games)
- Record: Kansas Jayhawks lead 10-0
- Score: Kansas Jayhawks 76.20 / Nebraska Cornhuskers 61.00
- Field Goal Percentage: Kansas Jayhawks 52.30 / Nebraska Cornhuskers 38.73
- Rebounds: Kansas Jayhawks 35.50 / Nebraska Cornhuskers 28.50
- 3 Point Shots: Kansas Jayhawks 82-178 / Nebraska Cornhuskers 65-178
- Steals: Kansas Jayhawks 7.20 / Nebraska Cornhuskers 7.60
Why bet on Kansas Jayhawks?
It looked to be business as usual for the Kansas Jayhawks, as they started the season on a 7-game winning streak, which included a big win over Kentucky. They have gone off the rails since then, though, and are coming into this game on 2-games losing skid, with both losses coming at the hands of PAC 12 opponents.
The Jayhawks are currently ranked #13, but they will almost certainly drop in the new rankings, and just how far they go will likely depend on what they do on Saturday night. What makes things all the more alarming for Kansas was that both losses came at home (one was in Kansas City Missouri but classified as a home game), which is something that has not happened to this school since 1989.
Outside of the Kentucky game, Kansas had beaten their previous 6 opponents by 30 points or more, which makes these losses all the harder to take. They really need a win against Nebraska to get some of that mojo back.
- Total Score: 88.11
- Field Goal Percentage: 51.96
- Three-Point Percentage: 40.98
- Free Throw Percentage: 72.17
- Total Rebounds: 38.17
- Total Score: 66.44
- Field Goal Percentage: 38.62
- Three-Point Percentage: 32.90
- Free Throw Percentage: 66.22
- Total Rebounds: 33.44
Why bet on the Nebraska Cornhuskers?
The Nebraska Cornhuskers come into this game with a 7-4 record, but also on a relatively poor run of form, as they have dropped 2 of their last 3 games. While this would appear to be a sign that they might roll over and die against a much better Kansas Jayhawks team, let’s not forget that the lone win for the Cornhuskers in their last 3 games came against #14 ranked Minnesota.
Their only other game against a ranked opponent this season also came during this recent run, when they were blown out by Michigan State, so it’s fair to suggest that we never really know what we are going to get from this Nebraska squad. What we do know is that they are averaging a touch over 73 PPG on offense, while giving up around 71 PPG defensively.
- Total Score: 73.18
- Field Goal Percentage: 41.88
- Three-Point Percentage: 35.96
- Free Throw Percentage: 69.70
- Total Rebounds: 36.91
- Total Score: 71.09
- Field Goal Percentage: 43.39
- Three-Point Percentage: 31.18
- Free Throw Percentage: 68.22
- Total Rebounds: 40.18
Latest College Basketball Betting Trends
- Jayhawks are 7-1 SU in their last 8 games
- Jayhawks are 4-1 ATS in their last five games
- The UNDER is 4-1 in Jayhawks’ last five games
- Cornhuskers are 5-10 ATS in their last 15 games
- Cornhuskers are 4-1 SU in their last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Nebraska’s last 6 games
Expert College Basketball Betting Pick & Score Prediction
Kansas may be on a bit of a slide at the moment, but they are too talented a group for this poor play to continue. I think they come out of this skid in a big way on Saturday night with a commanding win over the Cornhuskers.
Score: Kansas Jayhawks 88 – Nebraska Cornhuskers 64