We usually have a pretty good idea about which teams will be occupying the top spots in the college basketball rankings each season, as it tends to be a group of very familiar faces that are among the best in the nation. What is a little less predictable is the teams that will eventually make up the top 25 in the country, as that is something that seems to be in a constant state of change. Teams will drop in and out of the rankings over the course of the year, especially when the conference schedule comes into play and upsets starts to become more regular.
The fact of the matter is that maintaining a spot in the top 25 is tough, which is something that the Colorado Buffaloes are now beginning to find out. They are almost certainly going to drop out of the rankings this week, but they will try to stop their fall being a steep one when they go on the road on Friday night to face the Colorado State Rams. Be sure to check back in with us to get updated odds as they are made available.
Colorado vs Colorado State 2019 College Basketball Odds & Game Preview
- When: Friday, December 13 at 8 PM EST
- Where: Moby Arena, Fort Collins
- TV: CBSSN
- Radio: SiriusXM
- Live Stream: CBS Sports Live
- College Basketball Odds: TBA
Why bet on the Colorado Buffaloes?The top 25 status of the Buffaloes took a small hit last week when they closed things out with a 72-58 loss to the Kansas Jayhawks. It was a defeat that was not unexpected, especially when you consider that the Buffaloes began that game as a double-digit underdog. What was surprising, though, was their 79-76 loss to Northern Iowa in a game that Colorado started as a 9 ½ point favorite.
That loss almost certainly condemned them to a spot outside the top 25 in the next set of rankings, regardless of what happens in this one. Overall, though, the Buffaloes are still a very respectable 14-4 SU in their last 18 games, but they have not been a good bet against the spread. They have failed to cover in each of their last 6 games, although they are 7-3 ATS in their last 9 versus the Rams.
- Total Score: 68.56
- Field Goal Percentage: 40.60
- Three-Point Percentage: 34.97
- Free Throw Percentage: 71.36
- Total Rebounds: 37.56
- Total Score: 60.56
- Field Goal Percentage: 40.41
- Three-Point Percentage: 38.71
- Free Throw Percentage: 71.20
- Total Rebounds: 32.33
Why bet on the Colorado State Rams?Even at this early stage of the season, we can probably safely predict that the Rams are not going to be anywhere near the top 25 at the end of the season. They are currently 7-5 on the year and have had a bit of a disastrous start to their conference campaign, going 0-2 in their opening 2 games in Mountain West Conference play.
December has not proven to be a very good month for the Colorado State Rams, as they are just 2-5 SU in their last 7 games played in that month. As far as the point spread goes, home court has not been much of an advantage. They are 2-7 ATS in their last 9 home games versus Colorado and are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 home games overall.
- Total Score: 71.33
- Field Goal Percentage: 46.73
- Three-Point Percentage: 35.56
- Free Throw Percentage: 66.02
- Total Rebounds: 33.17
- Total Score: 70.92
- Field Goal Percentage: 44.88
- Three-Point Percentage: 32.19
- Free Throw Percentage: 69.87
- Total Rebounds: 33.25
Colorado vs Colorado State College Basketball Betting Trends
- Buffaloes are 7-2 SU in their last 9 games this season
- Buffaloes are 0-6 ATS in their last 6 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 7 of Colorado’s last 9 games played in December
- Rams are 4-2 SU in their last 6 games
- Rams are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games at home
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Colorado State’s last 7 games against Colorado
Expert Pick & Final Score Prediction for Colorado vs Colorado StateWhen you look at the recent history between these two, you see things falling in the favor of the Colorado Buffaloes. They need to break out of a mild losing skid right now, so look for them to come out big against the Rams.
Score: Colorado Buffaloes 77 – Colorado State Rams 68