The goal of every team coming into the new college basketball season is to cut down the nets after winning the National Championship. While March Madness is perhaps the most unpredictable of all the playoffs in the sporting world, success or failure in the tournament often comes down to where a team is ranked once the brackets are released. There is no easy path to a national championship, but a team can make it a little easier on themselves by landing one of the #1 seeds in the NCAAB tournament.
It is why we play so much attention to the regular season and how teams are seeded when the new rankings are released each week. It’s fun to watch the favorites fall and try to work their way back to the top, or to see teams slowly work their way up the rankings as the season progresses. The Kansas Jayhawks are in a good position right now, sitting at #4 in the rankings, and they will try to stay there with a win over the Colorado Buffaloes on home court this coming Saturday. At time of writing, the odds for this one were not on the board, so be sure to check back in before you wager.
Colorado vs Kansas 2019 College Basketball Lines & Game Preview
- When: Saturday, December 7 at 7 PM EST
- Where: Allen Fieldhouse, Lawrence
- TV: ESPN2
- Radio: SiriusXM
- Live Stream: WatchESPN
- College Basketball Lines: TBA
Why bet on the Colorado Buffaloes?The Colorado Buffaloes are one of those teams that has seen their stock rise with each passing week in the early going of the college basketball season. They are off to a perfect start, going 7-0 through their opening 7 games to get to the #20 seed at the moment. A win here would almost certainly send them shooting up the rankings, but a loss to a top 4 team on the road would likely not hurt them too much.
While this has been a fine start to the season for the Buffaloes, it should be noted that they have yet to face a ranked opponent. They are also just 1-9 SU in their last 10 meetings with the Jayhawks, but they have been a good bet against the spread, going 6-2 ATS in their last 8 against Kansas.
- Total Score: 69.00
- Field Goal Percentage: 41.34
- Three-Point Percentage: 36.43
- Free Throw Percentage: 69.46
- Total Rebounds: 39.00
- Total Score: 56.29
- Field Goal Percentage: 37.80
- Three-Point Percentage: 34.48
- Free Throw Percentage: 71.74
- Total Rebounds: 31.57
Why bet on the Kansas Jayhawks?The Jayhawks had about as tough a game as you can get in an opener, facing off against the Duke Blue Devils, a game that they ultimately lost 68-66. The Jayhawks have been perfect since then, winning each of their next 6 games, but it hasn’t all been smooth sailing.
Their last outing was against Dayton, a game that required OT for them to pull out the 90-84 win. The UNDER has hit in 5 of their last 7 games, but the scoring tends to be a little higher when they face Colorado, with 5 of the last 6 meetings with the Buffaloes going OVER the point total. In games versus teams from the PAC-12, the Jayhawks are just 1-6 ATS.
- Total Score: 83.00
- Field Goal Percentage: 51.91
- Three-Point Percentage: 35.77
- Free Throw Percentage: 66.22
- Total Rebounds: 37.57
- Total Score: 64.71
- Field Goal Percentage: 38.83
- Three-Point Percentage: 31.44
- Free Throw Percentage: 64.86
- Total Rebounds: 31.71
Colorado vs Kansas College Basketball Betting Trends
- Buffaloes are 7-0 SU in their last 7 games
- Buffaloes are 4-13 ATS in their last 17 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Colorado’s last 7 games played in December
- Jayhawks are 10-0 SU in their last 10 games at home
- Jayhawks are 1-6 ATS in their last 7 games against an opponent in the Pacific-12 conference
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Kansas’ last 5 games played on a Saturday
Expert Pick & Final Score Prediction for Colorado vs KansasThe Jayhawks have had a week off since their last game, so they may have to shake off a little rust in the early going. I think they do that and roll out to a rather comfortable win over Colorado.
Score: Colorado Buffaloes 68 – Kansas Jayhawks 80