Tuesday, February 23rd will see a plethora of ranked teams taking the court, as the college basketball season is rapidly coming to an end. With the conference tournaments just a couple of weeks away, teams are scrambling to get into a position to make the NCAA Tournament. We’ll see nine ranked teams in action on Tuesday night. Let’s take a look at some of the top matchups of the night so you can bet against their College Basketball odds.
NCAA Basketball COVID-19 Update – February 22nd Edition
(23) Kansas Jayhawks @ (12) Texas Longhorns
The last time these two teams met, Texas embarrassed Kansas at Phog Allen Fieldhouse. Texas has never swept a season series from Kansas, so this will be huge for the Longhorns if they can earn another victory over the Jayhawks. However, Kansas has been playing better as of late, and after their Saturday victory over Texas Tech, Bill Self’s squad has won five straight. This should be a great Big 12 battle.
(15) Texas Tech Red Raiders @ Oklahoma State Cowboys
Both of these teams look like they’re headed to the NCAA Tournament. The last time these two met, Cade Cunningham led a late comeback to defeat the Red Raiders on their home floor in overtime. These two teams both come in at 14-6, and are separated in the Big 12 standings by one-half game. Texas Tech has lost two straight, so Chris Beard will be looking to right the ship in this one.
Iowa State Cyclones @ (2) Baylor Bears
We’ll finally get to see the Baylor Bears back in action. After missing their last five games due to COVID issues, the #2 team in the country will take the floor against an Iowa State team that has struggled this season. Iowa State comes into this one having lost 12 straight games. And just when you think things can’t get any worse, you get to play Baylor. This could be a long night for the Cyclones.
(5) Illinois Fighting Illini @ Michigan State Spartans
The Illini are playing great basketball, and look like they could make a run at a Final Four appearance. It’s been a rough season for Tom Izzo and his Michigan State Spartans. As of now, it doesn’t look like they’ll be making the NCAA Tournament. If they want to have any shot at getting to Indianapolis, they’ll need a victory over Illinois and some more luck along the way. They played well against Indiana on Saturday, but they’ll need to play even better if they want to beat Illinois. Illinois went to Minnesota on Saturday and dominated a Gopher team that was undefeated at home this season.
St. John’s Red Storm @ (10) Villanova Wildcats
Villanova will be looking to avenge their loss against St. John’s earlier this season. Jay Wright’s squad played poorly in a 70-59 loss. Villanova has won three of their last four and is gearing up for the postseason. St. John’s has lost two of it’s last three and their NCAA Tournament chances are looking bleak. With a win over Villanova, they could get back into contention for one of the 68 coveted spots.
College Basketball Betting News
- Weber State Wildcats vs. Northern Colorado Bears: 3/6/2021 Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends – CANCELLED
- Kentucky Wildcats vs. South Carolina Gamecocks: 3/6/2021 Matchup Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Clemson Tigers vs. Pittsburgh Panthers 3/6/2021 Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- UConn Huskies vs. Georgetown Hoyas: 3/6/2021 Matchup Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Bryant Bulldogs vs. Sacred Heart Pioneers: 3/6/2021 Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends