Jeremy Sheppard leads the Rhode Island Rams (8-7) into a matchup against the Dayton Flyers (8-2) after scoring 25 points in a 73-60 win over La Salle. The Rams are 1.5-point underdogs in the game on Saturday, January 30, 2021, which tips off at 4:00 PM ET on CBS Sports. The matchup’s point total is set at 136.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Rhode Island (+1.5)||Over (136)||Rhode Island 70 Dayton 69|
- In three of 10 opportunities (30%) this year, the Flyers and their opponents have put up at least this matchup’s over/under of 136 points.
- Rhode Island and its opponents have combined to score more than 136 points in nine of 15 outings (60%) this year.
- These two teams average a combined 142.7 points per game, 6.7 more points than the over/under of 136 set for this game.
- Opponents of these teams have averaged a combined 135.2 points per game, 0.8 less than the over/under in this game.
- The Flyers average point total in outings this season is 135.8, 0.2 points below the over/under in this game.
- Rams games this year have averaged an over/under of 142.1 points, 6.1 more than the point total in this matchup.
Dayton Betting Information
- Against the spread, Dayton has been strong this season, posting a 6-4 record.
- When favored by at least 1.5 points, the Flyers have fared well against the spread, putting together a 3-2 record.
- The Flyers have typically run under the total this season, reaching the over/under in 4 of 10 games (40%).
Rhode Island Betting Information
- The Rams have an 8-7 record against the spread, covering in 53.3% of their outings.
- The Rams have not fared well as a 1.5-point underdog, going 4-6 against the spread when they are at least 1.5-point underdogs.
- Rhode Island has combined with its opponents to hit the over in 60% of matchups this year (9 out of 15 chances).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|3/4/2020||Dayton||-4||146||-183||+149||Regular Season||84-57 DAYTON|
|2/11/2020||Dayton||-11||146.5||-692||+479||Regular Season||81-67 DAYTON|
|3/1/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||72-70 URI|
|2/9/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||77-48 DAYTON|
- Jalen Crutcher leads the Flyers in points and assists per game, scoring 18.9 points and distributing 4.3 assists.
- Jordy Tshimanga leads the Flyers in rebounding, grabbing 8.0 boards per game while also scoring 6.2 points a contest.
- Ibi Watson’s 2.5 made threes per game lead the Flyers.
- Rodney Chatman and Chase Johnson lead Dayton on the defensive end, with Chatman leading the team in steals averaging 2.2 per game and Johnson in blocks averaging 0.6 per contest.
Rhode Island Leaders
- Fatts Russell averages 15.1 points and tacks on 4.2 assists per game, putting him at the top of the Rams’ leaderboards in those statistics.
- Antwan Walker is at the top of the Rhode Island rebounding leaderboard with 6.3 rebounds per game. He also notches 8.6 points and adds 1.1 assists per game.
- Sheppard leads the Rams in three-point shooting with an average of 1.7 made threes per game.
- Russell (2.0 steals per game) and Makhel Mitchell (1.7 blocks per game) pace the Rams in steals and blocks, respectively.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Kent State Golden Flashes vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/2/2021 Matchup Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends – CANCELLED
- New Mexico State Aggies vs. UT Rio Grande Valley Vaqueros: 3/2/2021 Matchup Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Akron Zips 3/2/2021 Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Baylor Bears vs. West Virginia Mountaineers: 3/2/2021 Matchup Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Toledo Rockets vs. Central Michigan Chippewas: 3/2/2021 Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview