Dayton takes their 15-2 record on the road against rival St. Louis on Friday, Jan. 17. The Flyers are in second place in the deep Atlantic 10 behind Duquesne. Can Dayton step it up on the road against a top conference rival? Or, will the Billikens get the job done on their home court? Keep reading for college basketball odds, a preview and a fee pick for Dayton vs St. Louis!
Dayton vs St. Louis 2020 College Basketball Lines, Analysis & Prediction
- When: Friday, Jan. 17 at 7:00 pm ET
- Where: Chaifetz Arena, St. Louis, MO
- TV: ESPN2
- ATS Odds: Dayton -7 ½
- Over/Under Odds: 138 ½
Why the Dayton Flyers are a good bet -7 ½?
Dayton’s last loss happened on Dec. 21 versus ranked Colorado. The Flyers lost in overtime 76-78 as a -5 favorite. Dayton has won 6 in a row since the loss. The wins include an 80-67 victory over St. Joes and a 79-65 win against VCU. Dayton should have no trouble versus an overmatched St. Louis squad on Friday.
- Points/G: 83.1
- Field Goal %: 52.3
- 3-Point %: 37.3
- Free Throw %: 72.5
- Rebounds/G: 32.5
- Points/G: 64.9
- Field Goal %: 41.7
- 3-Point %: 33.4
- Free Throw %: 66.6
- Rebounds/G: 28.2
Why the St. Louis Billikens are a good bet +7 ½?
St. Louis has gone 9-7 ATS on the season. The Billikens battle their arch rivals at home on Jan. 17. That gives them home court advantage in this. In their last couple of matchups, the Billikens have locked down on defense. St. Louis held George Washington and Richmond to 58 points. Defense should help St. Louis keep this game within the spread.
- Points/G: 72.3
- Field Goal %: 44.1
- 3-Point %: 32.1
- Free Throw %: 57.7
- Rebounds/G: 38.4
- Points/G: 64.8
- Field Goal %: 39.7
- 3-Point %: 33.4
- Free Throw %: 68.4
- Rebounds/G: 32.2
College Basketball Betting Trends for Dayton Flyers vs St. Louis Billikens
- Flyers are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games versus a team with a winning percentage above .600
- Dayton is 0-6 ATS in their last 6 on a Friday
- Flyers are 7-3 ATS in their last 10 road games versus a team with a winning SU record
- Over is 6-1 in Flyers last 6 road games
- Billikens are 14-3 ATS in their last 17 versus a team with a winning SU record
- Louis is 5-2 ATS in their last 7 games as an underdog
- Underdog is 25-9 ATS in the last 34 head-to-head matchups
- Under is 5-1 in Billikens last 6 at home versus a team with a winning record on the road
Dayton vs St. Louis Final Betting Analysis
St. Louis has played decent basketball. But they face the best team in the Atlantic 10 on Friday. Although Duquesne is ahead of Dayton in the conference, that lead won’t last long. The Flyers play excellent defense and score at will.
Dayton averages 83.1 points per. They shoot 52.3% from the field. That ranks first in college hoops. Opponents score 64.9 points per game against Dayton. That means the Flyers not only run and gun but they get back on defense.
St. Louis won’t keep up in this matchup. The Flyers are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 while Dayton is 3-1 ATS in their last 4. Back the road team to cover.
College Basketball Free Pick: Dayton -7 ½