The Dixie State Trailblazers will look to pull off the huge upset when they hit the road to take on the top-ranked Gonzaga Bulldogs on Tuesday. Dixie State is coming off its best offensive performance of the season while Gonzaga cruised to victory against a nationally-ranked title hopeful. Now, let’s find out where the best betting value lies in this Dixie State Vs Gonzaga matchup so you can place your bets against their College Basketball odds.
NCAA Basketball Odds & Predictions – Dixie State at No. 1 Gonzaga
Dixie State Trailblazers (4-1) vs Gonzaga Bulldogs (7-0)
- When: Tuesday, Dec. 29, 2020 at 9:00 PM ET
- Where: McCarthey Athletic Center, Spokane, WA
- NCAAB Odds: TBD
Why Bet On Dixie State
Dixie State has won four of five and comes into this matchup fresh off a commanding 90-69 smackdown of the Bethesda Flames in their last contest on Dec. 19 as Jacob Nicolds, Frank Staine and Isaiah Pope all scored a team-high 14 points. The Trailblazers are averaging 80.2 points per game on 48.9 percent shooting from the field and 35.6 percent from beyond the arc. Dixie State limits the opposition to 69.0 points per game defensively on 42.1 percent shooting from the field and 25.5 percent from beyond the arc.
Why Bet On No. 1 Gonzaga
The top-ranked Bulldogs (4-3 ATS) cruised to a 98-75 win over 16th-ranked Virginia on Saturday as Corey Kispert scored a game-high 32 points while draining nine three-pointers. Drew Timme added 29 points and eight rebounds in the convincing win to help the Bulldogs remain unbeaten.
Gonzaga averages a stupendous 95.1 points per game (2nd) on 55.7 percent shooting from the field (2nd) and 36.4 percent from three-point distance. Defensively, the Bulldogs allow 76.7 points per game on 44.1 percent shooting from the field and 34.3 percent from beyond the arc.
Expert Analysis and Prediction
While Dixie State joined the NCAA D-I level for the first time this season, make no mistake about it, the Trailblazers don’t have nearly enough talent to challenge Gonzaga for the outright win in this huge mismatch. Gonzaga was a 42.5-point and 39-point favorite in back-to-back games against Northwestern State last week and I have to believe the Bulldogs are going to be a favorite of a similar number in this matchup.
With that said, Gonzaga failed to cover the chalk in both contests against Northwestern State and I think the Trailblazers have just enough offensive firepower to keep the final score relatively respectable in this Tuesday night affair. Gonzaga wins, but I’m thinking the final score will be closer to a 25-point margin of victory for Gonzaga rather than a 30-plus-point rout. If you can get Dixie State at anything less than 35 Points, I say back the Trailblazers to improve on their unblemished 3-0 ATS mark.
Pick: Gonzaga 95 Dixie State 70
College Basketball Betting News
- Iowa Hawkeyes vs. Northwestern Wildcats: 1/17/2021 Matchup Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Purdue Boilermakers vs. Penn State Nittany Lions: 1/17/2021 Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Betting Trends
- Hofstra Pride vs. Delaware Fightin’ Blue Hens: 1/17/2021 Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- Marshall Thundering Herd vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 1/17/2021 Matchup Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Houston Cougars vs. UCF Knights: 1/17/2021 Matchup Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends