Even in a season in which no team could maintain the No. 1 overall ranking for more than a few weeks at a time, all things are not created equal in the world of college basketball online betting. You see, when it comes to being legitimate national championship title contender, not every team ranked inside the national Top 25 is a legitimate candidate to bring home the bacon when the 2016 NCAA March Madness Championship Tournament gets underway on March 15.
Having said that, I’m going to highlight several teams that may be ranked inside the national Top 25, but really aren’t what could be considered ‘favorites’ despite their respective lofty rankings. Okay, let’s get started with a bit of history.
The lowest seed to win the national championship since the tournament expanded to 64 teams is Villanova in 1985. The eighth-seeded Wildcats took out powerful Big East conference rival and No. 1 seed Georgetown and future Hall of Fame center Patrick Ewing. The underdog has won each of the last two NCAA titles and three of the last six overall. A team that was not a No. 1 seed in its respective region has won the national championship five times in the last 13 years
Sports & Betting Topics
Latest News, Tips & Expert Picks
- 2019 March Madness First Round Betting Underdogs
- 2019 March Madness First Round Betting Favorites
- Saint Louis vs Virginia Tech March Madness Lines / Live Stream / TV Channel, Date / Time & Preview
- 2019 March Madness First Round Sure Winning Picks
- UC Irvine vs Kansas State March Madness Spread / Live Stream / TV Channel, Date / Time & Prediction
- Old Dominion vs Purdue March Madness Odds / Live Stream / TV Channel, Date / Time & Prediction
- Yale vs LSU March Madness Odds / Live Stream / TV Channel, Date / Time & Preview
- 2019 March Madness Betting Tips
- 2019 March Madness First Round Upsets Prediction
- 2019 March Madness Betting Favorites, Dark Horses & Smart Picks
Betting News, Articles, Sportsbook & Casino Posts and videos from MyBookie on Betting, including information on odds, lines, tips and picks are exclusively views of our profesinal paid writers, and not those of MyBookie and the Managment.