The most precarious place to be this college basketball season is at the #1 spot. It’s where every team in the nation aspires to be, but getting there and staying there are two very different tasks. The fact of the matter is that the race to the top has been a fun one to watch this season, with the #1 ranked teams all managing to lose at some point. In fact, there is not team in the top 10 right now that has been able to remain unbeaten.
There are sure to be several more changes at the top before we reach the end of the regular season, with any one of the current top 10 teams all in with a shot at landing the top seed when all is said and done. One of the teams waiting in the wings is the Gonzaga Bulldogs, who are currently sitting at the #2 seed. They will be at home this weekend for a very winnable game against the Eastern Washington Eagles. Be sure to check back in for the latest NCAAB Odds.
Eastern Washington vs Gonzaga 2019 College Basketball Odds & Analysis
- When: Saturday, December 21 at 5 PM EST
- Where: McCarthey Athletic center, Spokane
- TV: ESPN2
- Radio: SiriusXM
- Live Stream: WatchESPN
- College Basketball Odds: TBA
Why bet on the Eastern Washington Eagles?The Eastern Washington Eagles come into this one with a very decent 7-3 record on the season, although they have not really been seriously tested just yet. The best teams that they played this season, Belmont and Washington, were both ranked in the 50’s, so this is quite the step up for them.
They have played the Bulldogs 9 times and have failed to come up with a single win, losing all 9 games by an average of around 17 PPG. The one bet that might be worth a look is against the spread, as the Eagles have now covered in each of their last 6 games. Better yet, they have covered in 7 of their last 8 games on the road. The OVER has hit in 5 of their 8 lined games this season.
- Total Score: 90.70
- Field Goal Percentage: 48.29
- Three-Point Percentage: 35.67
- Free Throw Percentage: 70.11
- Total Rebounds: 42.10
- Total Score: 71.80
- Field Goal Percentage: 39.68
- Three-Point Percentage: 30.47
- Free Throw Percentage: 72.06
- Total Rebounds: 37.70
Why bet on the Gonzaga Bulldogs?It’s easy to forget that the Gonzaga Bulldogs are just a couple of seasons removed from an appearance in the national championship. While that has zero bearing on this season, this is a team that is consistently able to reload and compete with the very best. The Bulldogs are a very impressive 12-1 on the season, with their lone loss coming to a ranked Michigan Wolverines team.
That record also has them sitting at #2 in the national rankings. Since losing to the Wolverines, the Bulldogs have reeled off 4-straight wins and have covered the spread in 3 of those games. The trend that needs to be paid attention to here, though, is that the OVER has hit in each of the last 7 Bulldogs games.
- Total Score: 86.38
- Field Goal Percentage: 50.43
- Three-Point Percentage: 39.11
- Free Throw Percentage: 65.22
- Total Rebounds: 41.00
- Total Score: 67.38
- Field Goal Percentage: 41.25
- Three-Point Percentage: 34.17
- Free Throw Percentage: 71.60
- Total Rebounds: 32.62
Eastern Washington vs Gonzaga College Basketball Betting Trends
- Eagles are 4-1 SU in their last 5 games played in December
- Eagles are 5-0 ATS in their last 5 games this season
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Eastern Washington’s last 5 games
- Bulldogs are 20-0 SU in their last 20 games at home
- Bulldogs are 7-1 ATS in their last 8 games played in December
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Gonzaga’s last 5 games played on a Saturday
Expert Pick & Final Score Prediction for Eastern Washington vs GonzagaWhile this is a game that you would certainly expect the Bulldogs to win, the Eagles are a team that should not be taken lightly. Still, I think that the Bulldogs will win this one going away.
Score: Eastern Michigan Eagles 72 – Gonzaga Bulldogs 88