We are at the stage of the season in the NHL where the battle for playoff spots really begins to heat up. Teams will make their moves at the trade deadline and hope that their gambles pay off coming down the stretch. There are a few teams who already look to be a total lock for a postseason berth, but there are many more who look set to be in a Wild Card dogfight in their respective conferences. Things seem to be tightening up as the season progresses, so it’s anyone’s guess as to which teams are going to rise up and take a serious run at the playoffs through the final few weeks of the season. Every game at this late stage of the season is important, but there are some that are bigger than others. Given the current standings of the Philadelphia Flyers and Florida Panthers, it is more than fair to suggest that this game falls into the massive category. The Panthers come into this one favored by 1 ½ on home ice. The NHL Betting Odds has set at 6 ½ for this game, which suggests we might see some serious offense.
Flyers vs Panthers 2020 NHL Betting Lines & Game Preview
- When: Thursday, Feb 13 at 7 PM EST
- Where: BB&T Center, Sunrise
- TV: NBCSN
- Radio: Flyers / Panthers
- TV: NBCSN, Sportsnet, Sportsnet 360, RDS
- NHL Odds: Panthers -1½ (Total: 6½)
Why Bet on the Philadelphia Flyers?
To get a look at the difference between the Eastern and Western Conferences this season, just take a look at the Philadelphia Flyers. Their season record s sitting at 31-19-7, which is good for 69 points. If they were in the Western Conference, they would be in a very comfortable playoff position. As it is, they are in the East and barely clinging to the final Wild card spot there. They are 2 points ahead of the team directly below the playoff line and just 3 up on the Panthers, so they can create a nice little cushion with a win here. The Flyers have been a very respectable 6-3-1 over their last 1o games, but they have had their issues on the road this season, posting a 12-14-3 record. They lost 5-2 to the Panthers in an earlier visit there this season.
Philadelphia Flyers 2020 NHL Betting Trends and Stats
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Philadelphia’s last 7 games.
- Philadelphia are 1-4 SU in their last 5 games against Florida.
- Philadelphia are 4-10 SU in their last 14 games on the road.
- Philadelphia are 1-6 SU in their last 7 games when playing on the road against Florida.
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Philadelphia’s last 5 games this season.
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Philadelphia’s last 7 games against an opponent in the East conference.
- Goals: 3.05
- Shots: 33.80
- PP/PK Percentage: 20.78
- Goals: 3.00
- Shots: 29.00
- PP/PK Percentage: 15.79
Why Bet on the Florida Panthers?
It is not quite time to panic yet for the Florida Panthers, but after a solid first half of the season, they now find themselves in a position where they are beginning to lose some ground. As mentioned earlier, they are 3 points below the playoff line with a 30-20-6 record. While they do have a winning record of 5-4-1 over their last 10 games, they have still managed to lose some ground during that time, mostly because the Flyers have been a little more consistent in the #8 spot. This is the ideal opportunity to close the gap, and with both games between these two this season going to the home team, you do need to like the Panthers chances. Florida is a solid 16-10-2 on home ice this season.
Florida Panthers 2020 NHL Betting Trends and Stats
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Florida’s last 6 games.
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Florida’s last 5 games against Philadelphia.
- The total has gone OVER in 12 of Florida’s last 15 games at home.
- Florida are 6-1 SU in their last 7 games when playing at home against Philadelphia.
- The total has gone OVER in 9 of Florida’s last 11 games this season.
- Florida are 6-2 SU in their last 8 games against an opponent in the East conference.
- Goals: 3.70
- Shots: 34.45
- PP/PK Percentage: 26.56
- Goals: 3.70
- Shots: 30.70
- PP/PK Percentage: 16.98
Expert Pick and Final Score Prediction
The Philadelphia Flyers are on a decent run of form at the moment, and while they have not been great on the road this season, I think they might just come away with the win here. At the very least, I would take them to cover.
Philadelphia Flyers 5 – Florida Panthers 4 | Bet Now