The Georgia State Panthers (9-4) are favored (-6.5) to continue a three-game winning streak when they host the Appalachian State Mountaineers (10-8) at 5:00 PM ET on Tuesday, February 23, 2021 at GSU Sports Arena. The contest airs on ESPN+. The over/under is 139.5 for the matchup.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Appalachian State (+6.5)||Over (139.5)||Georgia State 74 Appalachian State 68|
- In nine of 13 opportunities (69.2%) this season, the Panthers and their opponents have combined for this matchup’s over/under of 139.5 points.
- Appalachian State has combined with its opponents to score at least 139.5 points in five of 18 games (27.8%) this season.
- These teams average a combined 153.6 points per game, 14.1 more points than the over/under of 139.5 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of these teams have averaged a combined 135.7 points per game, 3.8 fewer than the over/under in this game.
- The average total the Panthers have had set in matchups this season is 16.8 more points than this outing’s point total.
- The average point total for the Mountaineers this year is 6.4 points less than this game’s over/under.
Georgia State Betting Information
- Georgia State has not fared well against the spread this season, posting a 4-6 record.
- When favored by at least 6.5 points, the Panthers have put up a 2-2 record ATS.
- Georgia State has been reliable for the over this season, combining with opponents to reach the total in 6 of 10 games for a 60% rate.
Appalachian State Betting Information
- Appalachian State has covered the spread in greater than half of its outings, going 7-6-1 ATS.
- The Mountaineers have fared well as a 6.5-point underdog, going 1-0 against the spread when they are at least 6.5-point underdogs.
- Appalachian State has combined with its opponents to hit the over in 42.9% of matchups this season (6 out of 14 contests).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/23/2021||Georgia State||-3.5||143.5||-175||+140||Regular Season||74-61 APPLST|
|1/22/2021||Georgia State||-4||142.5||-188||+155||Regular Season||80-71 APPLST|
|2/13/2020||Georgia State||-5.5||144.5||-246||+194||Regular Season||76-65 GAST|
|1/2/2020||Appalachian State||-3||143||-158||+130||Regular Season||69-60 GAST|
|2/21/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||80-75 GAST|
Georgia State Leaders
- Corey Allen leads the Panthers in scoring, tallying 15.3 points per game to go with 4.2 rebounds and 2.3 assists.
- Eliel Nsoseme is Georgia State’s leading rebounder, grabbing 10.0 per game, while Justin Roberts is its best passer, averaging 4.8 assists in each contest.
- Allen provides the bulk of the Panthers’ three-point shooting production. He knocks down 3.0 threes per game to pace the squad.
- Roberts is the Panthers leader in steals, averaging 1.7 steals per game, while Nsoseme leads them in blocks with 1.5 per contest.
Appalachian State Leaders
- Donovan Gregory sits at the top of the Mountaineers scoring leaderboard with 11.5 points per game. He also pulls down 5.2 rebounds and racks up 2.1 assists per game.
- James Lewis is at the top of the Mountaineers rebounding leaderboard with 5.6 rebounds per game, and Justin Forrest paces the squad in assists with 2.6 per outing.
- Michael Almonacy averages 2.1 three-pointers per game, the most on the Mountaineers.
- Appalachian State’s leader in steals is Forrest (1.5 per game), and its leader in blocks is Lewis (0.8 per game).
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED