Teams don’t come much bigger than North Carolina, a team that has won it all 4 times since 2005, while also losing in another final during that time. They will host the Gonzaga Bulldogs on Friday night, the #4 ranked team in the nation and a team that always seems to be around in the late stages of March Madness, including a run to the title game a couple of seasons ago. This is, quite arguably, the best game on the NCAAB schedule on Saturday night. Be sure to check back for the latest NCAAB Odds before placing your betting ticket!
Gonzaga vs North Carolina NCAA Basketball Odds & Pick
- When: Saturday, December 15 at 7 PM EST
- Where: Dean E. Smith Center, Chapel Hill
- TV: ESPN2
- Radio: TuneIn
- Live Stream: WatchESPN
- NCAA Basketball Odds: TBA
- All: Gonzaga Bulldogs 9-1 / North Carolina Tar Heels 7-2
- Home: Gonzaga Bulldogs 7-0 / North Carolina Tar Heels 4-0
- Away: Gonzaga Bulldogs 2-1 / North Carolina Tar Heels 3-2
- ATS: Gonzaga Bulldogs 7-3 / North Carolina Tar Heels 4-3-2
- Over/Under: Gonzaga Bulldogs 7-3 / North Carolina Tar Heels 7-2
Why bet on the Gonzaga Bulldogs?The Gonzaga Bulldogs were the #1 team in the nation until a loss to #7 ranked Tennessee saw them drop down a few spots to #4. That was the first loss of the season for Gonzaga, who is now sitting with a very respectable 9-1 record on the season. This will be the third time that the Bulldogs will have faced a ranked team in the early going, and they sport a 1-1 record in the previous two.
We already know about the loss to Tennessee, with the other game against a ranked opponent being an 89-87 win over Duke, who was #1 in the nation at that time. The Bulldogs have been good bet ATS, covering in 7 of their 10 games to this point. They have only played 1 true road game this season, covering the spread in that one.
- Total Score: 94.10
- Field Goal Percentage: 52.29
- Three-Point Percentage: 38.79
- Free Throw Percentage: 74.70
- Total Rebounds: 40.90
- Total Score: 76.30
- Field Goal Percentage: 41.62
- Three-Point Percentage: 32.11
- Free Throw Percentage: 72.32
- Total Rebounds: 34.20
Why bet on the North Carolina Tar Heels?The Tar Heels find themselves down in the #12 spot right now after starting the season with a 7-2 record. They have also played two previous games against ranked teams, and like their opponents on Saturday, they have split those games. The first was an outstanding 94-78 win over #17 UCLA, but they followed that up with a disappointing 84-67 loss to #7 Michigan on the road.
North Carolina is now just 2-2 in their last 4 games, with a surprising home loss to Texas the other defeat in that run. Against the spread, North Carolina is a rather lackluster 4-2-3 ATS this season, but where they have been a good bet is on the point total, with 7 of their 9 games this season going OVER. Just keep an eye on the point total for this one when the odds go live, as there may be money to be made there.
- Total Score: 93.33
- Field Goal Percentage: 48.97
- Three-Point Percentage: 35.29
- Free Throw Percentage: 72.82
- Total Rebounds: 45.56
- Total Score: 73.67
- Field Goal Percentage: 41.16
- Three-Point Percentage: 32.77
- Free Throw Percentage: 66.32
- Total Rebounds: 32.22
Latest Gonzaga vs North Carolina NCAA Basketball Betting Trends
- Gonzaga is 7-3 ATS in its last 10 games
- Gonzaga is 23-2 SU in its last 25 games
- The total has gone OVER in 7 of Gonzaga’s last 10 games
- North Carolina is 1-3-1 ATS in its last 5 games
- North Carolina is 7-2 SU in its last 9 games
- The total has gone OVER in 7 of North Carolina’s last 8 games
Expert Pick & Final Score PredictionThis is the must-watch game of the evening on Saturday night, as well as being one that is well worth wagering on. I am going to take the Gonzaga Bulldogs SU in a close one.
Score: Gonzaga Bulldogs 87 – North Carolina Tar Heels 84