The Houston Cougars look to keep their magical NCAA Tournament run going in the Sweet 16 on Friday, March 29 when they take on the 2-seeded Kentucky Wildcats. Will the Cougars get the job done, or will the Wildcats send them heading home?
Houston vs Kentucky 2019 March Madness Odds & Sweet 16 Game Info
The “Sweet 16” Coogs are ready for their showdown with Kentucky, but @UHCougarMBK is getting used to their new-found celebrity status after their dominant performance in Tulsa #MarchMadness pic.twitter.com/QWLOaWHIu7— Daniel Gotera (@DTGoteraKHOU) 26 de marzo de 2019
- When: Friday, March 29 at 9:59pm ET
- Where: Sprint Center, Kansas City, MO
- TV: TBS
- Radio: Houston / Kentucky
- Live Stream: March Madness Live
- Stream on Reddit: Live and available Friday, 8:59 PM ET
- ATS Odds: Kentucky -3
- Over/Under Total Odds: 134.5
Why #3 Houston Cougars a good bet +3?
The Cougars failed to win the American Athletic Conference Tournament. No matter. Houston’s been phenomenal during the NCAA Tournament. In two wins over Georgia State and Ohio State, the Cougars have dominated.
They beat Georgia State 84-55 and then followed that up with a 79-58 win over the Buckeyes. Because Houston’s defense and offense have been hitting on all cylinders, they’ve got a shot to beat Kentucky straight up on Friday.
- Points/G: 75.8
- Field Goal %: 44.7
- 3-Point %: 35.5
- Free Throw %: 70.2
- Rebounds/G: 41.1
- Points/G: 61
- Field Goal %: 36.6
- 3-Point %: 27.8
- Free Throw %: 69.3
- Rebounds/G: 29.2
Why #2 Kentucky Wildcats are a good bet -3?
Kentucky showed that they’re one of the top teams in college basketball in their second round win over Wofford. As only a -5 favorite, the Wildcats played a slow down game that allowed Kentucky to get into their half court defense.
With that defense, the Wildcats held Wofford to 56 points in a 62-56 win. Kentucky won’t blink an eye if Houston slows it down, or speeds it up. They can play any style the Cougars throw at them, giving UK an edge in this matchup.
- Points/G: 76.4
- Field Goal %: 47.8
- 3-Point %: 35.9
- Free Throw %: 74.4
- Rebounds/G: 38.6
- Points/G: 64.5
- Field Goal %: 40
- 3-Point %: 34.4
- Free Throw %: 70.1
- Rebounds/G: 27.1
March Madness Betting Trends for Houston vs Kentucky
- Cougars are 8-2 ATS in their last 10 non-conference games
- Cougars are 9-3 ATS in their last 12 neutral site games
- Wildcats are 6-0 ATS in their last 6 non-conference games
- Wildcats are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games following an ATS win
Houston vs Kentucky Final March Madness Betting Analysis
Kentucky looks strong. Beating Wofford, a hot Final Four pick for many handicappers looking for a Cinderella, is no easy task. Wofford had won over 20 games in a row when they battled the Wildcats in the second round.
Unfortunately for Coach Cal and his players, things get demonstrably more difficult on Friday. The Houston Cougars have played shut down defense on both their tournament opponents. Almost as important? They’ve shot lights out on offense. Houston’s scorching right now. Kentucky’s young squad will find it difficult to win this game straight up.
March Madness Betting Pick: Houston moneyline
March Madness Expert Betting News
College Basketball Odds | March Madness Betting
- Sports to Bet This Weekend Saturday March 27th Edition
- Early 2020 College Basketball Championship Odds – April 9th
- Texas Tech vs Virginia 2019 Men’s College Basketball National Championship Odds / Live Stream / TV Channel, Date / Time & Preview
- March Madness 2019 Printable NCAA Bracket
- Michigan State 2019 March Madness Final Four Betting Preview
- Virginia 2019 March Madness Final Four Betting Analysis
- Auburn 2019 March Madness Final Four Betting Preview
- Texas Tech 2019 March Madness Final Four Betting Analysis
- 7 Things to Know Before Betting on the 2019 March Madness Final Four
- Updated 2019 College Basketball Championship Odds – April 2nd
- Texas Tech vs Michigan State March Madness Lines / Live Stream / TV Channel, Date / Time & Pick
- Auburn vs Virginia March Madness Odds / Live Stream / TV Channel, Date / Time & Preview
- Michigan State vs Duke March Madness Odds / Live Stream / TV Channel, Date / Time & Preview
- Auburn vs Kentucky March Madness Odds / Live Stream / TV Channel, Date / Time & Preview
- Houston vs Kentucky March Madness Odds / Live Stream / TV Channel, Date / Time & Preview