The #11 Houston Cougars head to South Florida to take on the Bulls in one of Thursday’s top NCAAB matchups. The Cougars have played as well as any team in the deep AAC. Will Houston keep it going or will the Bulls gore the Cougars? Check out analysis and betting insight on Houston versus South Florida so you can make your bets against their College Basketball odds!
NCAA Basketball: #11 Houston at South Florida
Houston Cougars Vs South Florida Bulls General Info
- When: Thursday, Jan. 14 at 7:00 pm ET
- Where: Yeungling Center, Tampa, FL
- TV: ESPN 2
- Streaming: ESPN+
Why bet on #11 Houston Cougars to win and/or cover
At 10-1, Houston figures to be a big favorite against the 7-5 USF Bulls on Thursday night. The Cougars have won every game this season except for a Dec. 29 battle versus Tulsa. Houston lost that game by a single point, 65-64. If the Houston team that beat Texas Tech 64-53 on Nov. 29 shows up, South Florida may want to walk out of the building at halftime.
#11 Houston Expected Starting Line-up
- Marcus Sasser
- Dejon Jarreau
- Justin Gorham
- Quinten Grimes
- Brison Gresham
Why bet on South Florida Bulls to and/or cover
On paper, it looks like the Bulls have no shot. But South Florida has covered in 3 of their last 4 games. The Bulls won 2 of those games straight up and lost to Memphis by a single point, 58-57, on Dec. 29. South Florida is a patient squad. They also have a talented guard in David Collins who doesn’t turn over the ball and plays within the system.
- David Collins
- Michael Durr
- Alexis Yetna
- Justin Brown
- Caleb Murphy
Betting trends for #11 Houston Cougars at South Florida Bulls
- South Florida is 3-1 ATS in their last 4
- The Bulls are 3-1 ATS as an underdog in their last 4
- Under is 3-1 in South Florida’s last 4 games
- South Florida is 5-6 ATS this season
- Houston is 4-2 ATS in their last 6
- The Cougars are 7-4 ATS this season
- Houston has gone 10-1 SU in their last 11 games
- Under is 5-1 in Houston’s last 6
- The Cougars are 3-0 ATS in their last 3 games as a double-digit favorite
Final betting analysis for #11 Houston Cougars at South Florida Bulls
Oddsmakers won’t set a spread on Houston versus South Florida until either Wednesday night or Thursday morning. Because that’s the case, we must consider all angles before coming up with a prediction.
South Florida can step it up, no doubt. David Collins is a solid enough guard to keep the Bulls in this game for a while. Collins won’t rush, which could cause Houston some issues. In the last battle between these two, Houston beat the Bulls 62-58.
Quinten Grimes, the Cougars’ best player, got his points. Collins got his as well. The rematch could produce a similar score. A good point cut-off for this game is 6. If the Bulls are 6-point underdogs or more, back them to cover. If Houston is a 5 points or less favorite, back them to cover.
NCAAB Betting Pick: Houston -6 or less, South Florida +6 or more
College Basketball Betting News
- College Basketball News & Rumors: Transfer Portal Rule Change, Coaches Sign Ups & More
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) NCAAB Update – April 5th Edition
- #1 Baylor vs. #1 Gonzaga national championship game | 2021 NCAA Basketball Expert Analysis
- #2 Houston vs. #1 Baylor NCAA Tournament Final Four | 2021 NCAA Basketball Expert Analysis
- 2021 College Basketball Championship Odds Update Mar. 30th