The Rutgers Scarlet Knights (7-6) will try to break a five-game losing streak when they hit the road to take on the Indiana Hoosiers (9-6) on Sunday, January 24, 2021 at Assembly Hall (Indiana) as 4.5-point underdogs. The contest airs at 12:00 PM ET on BTN. The over/under in the matchup is set at 134.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Indiana (-4.5)||Over (134.5)||Indiana 74 Rutgers 69|
- In 11 of 15 games (73.3%) this year, the Hoosiers and their opponents have combined for this matchup’s point total of 134.5 points.
- Rutgers and its opponents have combined to score at least 134.5 points in nine of 13 games (69.2%) this season.
- These teams average a combined 146.5 points per game, 12.0 more points than the total of 134.5 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 4.4 more points per game (138.9) than this matchup’s total of 134.5 points.
- The average point total for Hoosiers games this year is 6.4 more points than the over/under of 134.5 in this matchup.
- The average total for Scarlet Knights games this year is 10.1 more points than the point total of 134.5 for this outing.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The 73.1 points per game the Hoosiers put up are just 1.9 more points than the Scarlet Knights allow (71.2).
- When Indiana puts up more than 71.2 points, it is 7-0 against the spread and 7-1 overall.
- When Rutgers gives up more than 73.1 points, it is 3-4 against the spread and 3-4 overall.
- The Scarlet Knights put up an average of 73.4 points per game, 5.7 more points than the 67.7 the Hoosiers allow.
- Rutgers is 5-0 against the spread and 7-3 overall when it scores more than 67.7 points.
- Indiana is 2-3 against the spread and 2-3 overall when it gives up more than 73.4 points.
- The Hoosiers have out-scored their opponents by a total of 81 points this season (5.4 points per game on average), and the Scarlet Knights have put up 28 more points than their opponents on the year (2.2 per game).
Indiana Betting Information
- Strong against this spread this season, the Hoosiers have covered nine times in 15 contests.
- The Hoosiers have posted a winning record of 4-2-1 against the spread when the spread is -4.5 or higher.
- Indiana has been reliable for the over this season, combining with opponents to hit the total in 7 of 15 games for a 46.7% rate.
Rutgers Betting Information
- The Scarlet Knights have a losing record against the spread, going 5-8 ATS (covering only 38.5% of the time).
- The Scarlet Knights have not fared well as a 4.5-point underdog, going 1-3 against the spread when they are at least 4.5-point underdogs.
- Rutgers and its opponents have hit the over in more than half of their games this year — 7 of 13 (53.8%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/15/2020||Rutgers||-3.5||129.5||-175||+143||Regular Season||59-50 RUTGERS|
|3/10/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||89-73 IU|
|1/30/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||66-58 RUTGERS|
- The Hoosiers leader in points and rebounds is Trayce Jackson-Davis, who scores 20.6 points and pulls down 8.8 rebounds per game.
- Al Durham is the Hoosiers best passer, distributing 3.2 assists per game while scoring 10.8 PPG.
- Armaan Franklin makes more threes per game than any other member of the Hoosiers, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 1.7 per contest.
- Franklin and Jackson-Davis lead the Hoosiers on the defensive end, with Franklin leading the team in steals averaging 1.5 per game and Jackson-Davis in blocks averaging 1.8 per contest.
- Ron Harper Jr. averages 18.6 points per game to be the top scorer for the Scarlet Knights.
- The Rutgers leaders in rebounding and assists are Myles Johnson with 8.6 rebounds per game (he also adds 8.1 points and 1.1 assists per game) and Jacob Young with 4.2 assists per game (he also tacks on 15.2 points and 2.2 rebounds per game).
- Harper is dependable from three-point range and leads the Scarlet Knights with 2.7 made threes per game.
- Young (2.2 steals per game) is the steal leader for Rutgers while Johnson (1.9 blocks per game) is the block leader.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED