The better teams in college basketball all appear to be on a level footing in the early part of the season, but as things progress and we get into conference play, that is when we begin to see some serious separation. It doesn’t matter what conference you are talking about, routinely taking out the teams that you see most often and are familiar with is a tough task. It goes without saying, though, that some conferences are stronger than others, which is where we tend to see a lot of dog eat dog stuff going on. The Big ten Conference is good, but we are seeing two teams at the top who are just that much better than the rest. The Baylor bears have made it through their first 11 games unscathed, while the Kansas Jayhawks continue to apply pressure. The Jayhawks need to keep that pressure up if they are to challenge for the regular season conference crown, but they have a tough trip to West Virginia Mountaineers ahead of them on Wednesday night. The college basketball betting lines have the odds almost as a pick or even, just a single point favorite and it goes to the Mountaineers with a total at 134.
Kansas vs West Virginia 2020 College Basketball Betting Lines & Game Preview
- When: Wednesday, February 12 at 7 PM EST
- Where: WVU Coliseum, Morgantown
- Stream: ESPN App, Sling TV, Hulu Live
- Opening NCAAB Lines: West Virginia -6 / Total 134
Why Bet on Kansas Jayhawks?
The Kansas Jayhawks come into this game as the #3 ranked team in the nation with a record of 20-3. They have excelled in conference play, too, although their 9-1 record in the Big Ten is still only good enough for second, with Baylor looking unstoppable at the moment. They do still have a shot at running the Bears down, but the reality is that they need to be perfect from this point forward. Kansas has a win over the Mountaineers already this season, winning 60-53 when they played them at home. The Jayhawks actually have a very solid record against West Virginia, winning 7 of the last 8 meetings and going 5-2 ATS in the last 7. Kansas is 12-6 ATS in their last 18 games overall, so always a pretty good bet.
Kansas Jayhawks 2020 NCAA Betting Trends and Stats
- Kansas are 12-6 ATS in their last 18 games.
- The total has gone UNDER in 10 of Kansas’ last 13 games.
- Kansas are 8-0 SU in their last 8 games.
- Kansas are 5-2 ATS in their last 7 games against West Virginia.
- Kansas are 7-1 SU in their last 8 games against West Virginia.
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Kansas’ last 5 games on the road.
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Kansas’ last 5 games when playing on the road against West Virginia.
- Kansas are 5-0 SU in their last 5 games this season.
- Kansas are 7-0 SU in their last 7 games against an opponent in the Big 12 conference.
- Kansas are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games played on a Wednesday.
- Total Score: 75.04
- Field Goal %: 48.63
- Three Point %: 34.42
- Free Throw %: 66.38
- Total Rebounds: 38.91
- Total Score: 60.30
- Field Goal %: 37.50
- Three Point %: 29.09
- Free Throw %: 66.67
- Total Rebounds: 32.17
Why Bet on West Virginia Mountaineers?
The West Virginia Mountaineers could use a bounce back victory here after going down 69-59 to Oklahoma over the weekend in a game that they started as a 2 ½ point favorite. The defeat dropped them down to #14 in the national rankings with a still respectable 18-5 record. As far as conference play goes, things have not been so great, with 4 of their 5 losses this season coming at the hands of Big Ten opponents. They are 6-4 SU in conference play and are 2-4 ATS in their last 6 games versus that group. On a positive note, the Mountaineers are on a run that has seen them win each of their last 15 games on home court, so they should by no means be totally counted out here.
West Virginia Mountaineers 2020 NCAA Betting Trends and Stats
- West Virginia are 10-5 ATS in their last 15 games.
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of West Virginia’s last 5 games.
- West Virginia are 15-5 SU in their last 20 games.
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of West Virginia’s last 7 games against Kansas.
- West Virginia are 15-0 SU in their last 15 games at home.
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of West Virginia’s last 5 games when playing at home against Kansas.
- The total has gone UNDER in 12 of West Virginia’s last 16 games this season.
- West Virginia are 2-4 ATS in their last 6 games against an opponent in the Big 12 conference.
- West Virginia are 3-6 ATS in their last 9 games played in February.
- West Virginia are 5-1 SU in their last 6 games played on a Wednesday.
- Total Score: 72.78
- Field Goal %: 43.23
- Three Point %: 64.27
- Free Throw %: 73.41
- Total Rebounds: 41.22
- Total Score: 61.65
- Field Goal %: 37.20
- Three Point %: 27.67
- Free Throw %: 6771.72
- Total Rebounds: 32.57
Kansas vs West Virginia Expert Pick and Final Score Prediction
While the Mountaineers home record is indeed formidable, the Kansas Jayhawks look like a team on a mission at the moment. Expect a great defensive battle here, with the UNDER a distinct possibility. I am on the Jayhawks to win and cover.
Kansas Jayhawks 64 – West Virginia Mountaineers 60 | Bet Now!