If you are forced to be stuck inside on a Tuesday night, this particular evening might not be a bad one to be housebound, especially if you are a fan of college basketball. With just a few weeks remaining in the regular season, the battle for rankings and tournament selections is really starting to heat up and we have several ranked teams going head to head on Tuesday. There are also regular season conference titles to consider, with the races for conference supremacy all looking as though they are going to go down to the wire.
One of the better conference battles taking place right now can be found in the Big Ten, where there are just two games separating first from fifth. Things could look a little different after Tuesday night, though, as two of those five teams will be squaring off in a critical Big Ten match-up. Michigan State will be on the road to face the Wisconsin Badgers, heading into Madison as a slim 2 point favorite. The point total for this one has been set at 134 ½.
Michigan State vs Wisconsin NCAAB Spread & Game Preview
- When: Tuesday, February 12 at 7 PM EST
- Where: Kohl Center, Madison
- TV: ESPN2
- Radio: TuneIn/NCAAB
- Live Stream: WatchESPN
- NCAAB Spread: Michigan State Spartans -2 (Total 133.5)
Why bet on the Michigan State Spartans?The Michigan State Spartans have now officially fallen out of the top 10 after going through a stretch of games that saw them lose 3 in a row. They were able to snap out of that poor run over the weekend, delivering a dominant performance in a 79-55 beatdown of the Minnesota Golden Gophers. That run has seen the Spartans drop down to the #3 spot in the Big Ten, although just a single game off the pace being set by their in-state rivals.
The strange thing here is that Michigan State tends to have a letdown against lesser opponents, as they are a solid 5-1 SU against ranked opposition. The Spartans have won each of their last 5 meetings with Wisconsin. They have been a good bet on the road, going 6-3 ATS, which includes being 6-2 ATS as a road favorite.
- Total Score: 81.92
- Field Goal Percentage: 49.50
- Three-Point Percentage: 38.48
- Free Throw Percentage: 72.65
- Total Rebounds: 42.08
- Total Score: 67.00
- Field Goal Percentage: 37.12
- Three-Point Percentage: 31.83
- Free Throw Percentage: 68.60
- Total Rebounds: 32.92
Why bet on the Wisconsin Badgers?The Wisconsin Badgers saw a very good run of form come to an end over the weekend with a 61-52 loss to the Michigan Wolverines. Prior to that defeat, the Badgers were on a 6-game winning streak, a run in which they covered the spread in all 6 of those games.
They are now down in the #5 spot, as well as being #20 in the nation, after that loss, 2 games back of the Michigan Badgers at the top of the Big Ten regular season standings. As an underdog this season, Wisconsin have come up a little short against the spread, going 2-4 ATS when hit with the underdog label. They have only been a dog at home once this season, and they were able to cover the spread in that one.
- Total Score: 70.58
- Field Goal Percentage: 46.91
- Three-Point Percentage: 39.49
- Free Throw Percentage: 65.73
- Total Rebounds: 34.25
- Total Score: 61.04
- Field Goal Percentage: 39.55
- Three-Point Percentage: 30.66
- Free Throw Percentage: 65.03
- Total Rebounds: 34.79
Michigan State vs Wisconsin NCAA Basketball Betting Trends
- Michigan State is 10-3 ATS in its last 13 games
- Michigan State is 19-4 SU in its last 23 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 7 of Michigan State’s last 9 games
- Wisconsin is 5-2 ATS in its last 7 games at home
- Wisconsin is 10-2 SU in its last 12 games at home
- The total has gone UNDER in 7 of Wisconsin’s last 8 games
Expert Pick & Final Score PredictionThis is, to be honest, a bit of a coin flip game for me. The Spartans have not had a lot of success in Wisconsin over the years, but they do have 5 straight wins over the Badgers. I am taking Michigan State to win a close one.
Score: Michigan State Spartans 68 – Wiscosin Badgers 66