The No. 3 Michigan Wolverines (16-1) will attempt to build on a five-game winning streak when they host the No. 9 Iowa Hawkeyes (17-6) at 7:00 PM ET on Thursday, February 25, 2021 as 4-point favorites. The Hawkeyes have won four games in a row. The matchup has an over/under of 156.5 points.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Michigan (-4)||Under (156.5)||Michigan 78 Iowa 74|
- In 23.5% of their opportunities this season (four of 17 chances), the Wolverines and their opponents have combined to put up more than this matchup’s point total of 156.5 points.
- In 13 of 23 games (56.5%) this season, Iowa and its opponents have combined to score more than 156.5 points.
- These teams average a combined 165.6 points per game, 9.1 more points than the over/under of 156.5 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 17.5 fewer points per game (139) than this matchup’s total of 156.5 points.
- The Wolverines average point total in outings this season is 145.4, 11.1 points below the over/under in this game.
- Hawkeyes games this season have averaged a total of 159.2 points, 2.7 more than the point total in this matchup.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The 79.2 points per game the Wolverines score are 6.4 more points than the Hawkeyes allow (72.8).
- Michigan has a 12-0 record overall and an 11-0 record against the spread when scoring more than 72.8 points.
- Iowa has a 1-5 record against the spread and a 1-5 record overall when allowing more than 79.2 points.
- The Hawkeyes score an average of 86.4 points per game, 20.2 more points than the 66.2 the Wolverines allow.
- When it scores more than 66.2 points, Iowa is 12-0 against the spread and 17-5 overall.
- Michigan’s record is 1-0 overall and 1-0 against the spread when it gives up more than 86.4 points to its opponents.
- The Wolverines have out-scored their opponents by a total of 221 points this season (13 points per game on average), and the Hawkeyes have put up 313 more points than their opponents on the year (13.6 per game).
Michigan Betting Information
- Michigan is good against the spread, going 13-4 on the season.
- When favored by at least 4 points, the Wolverines have fared well against the spread, compiling a 9-4 record.
- The Wolverines have typically run under the total this season, reaching the over/under in 8 of 17 games (47.1%).
Iowa Betting Information
- The Hawkeyes have a winning record against the spread, going 12-10 ATS (covering 54.5% of the time).
- When they are at least 4-point underdogs, the Hawkeyes have a record ATS of 10-6.
- Iowa has combined with its opponents to hit the over in 50% of matchups this season (11 out of 22 opportunities).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/17/2020||Iowa||-5||146.5||-232||+183||Regular Season||90-83 IOWA|
|12/6/2019||Michigan||-7||143.5||-321||+252||Regular Season||103-91 MICH|
|2/1/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||74-59 IOWA|
- The Wolverines leader in points and rebounds is Hunter Dickinson, who scores 15.0 points and pulls down 7.8 boards per game.
- Mike Smith leads Michigan in assists, averaging 5.4 per game while also scoring 8.6 points per contest.
- Isaiah Livers’ 2.3 threes per game leads the Wolverines.
- The Michigan steals leader is Franz Wagner, who averages 1.3 takeaways per game, while its blocks leader is Dickinson, who compiles 1.6 rejections per contest.
- Luka Garza sits on top of the Hawkeyes leaderboards for scoring and rebounding with 24.7 points and 8.5 rebounds per game.
- Jordan Bohannon dishes out 4.7 assists per game, the most assists on the Hawkeyes.
- Livers leads his teammates on the Hawkeyes with 2.4 made threes per outing.
- Iowa’s leader in steals is Joe Wieskamp with 1.1 per game, and its leader in blocks is Garza with 1.6 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED