As the season comes to a close in college basketball, it is not uncommon to see teams in the same conference start to head in completely opposite directions. The teams near the top tend to step up a gear as they try to solidify a better seeding in the tournament bracket, while the teams at the bottom often put in lackluster performances as they wait for the season to end. There is some of that going on in the Big Ten Conference right now, which means we will get to see a pair of teams on either end of that scale go head to head on Tuesday night.
The Michigan State Spartans continue to stay ranked in the top 10 and are out to secure a strong finish to the season so that they can have a better standing in the bracket. The Nebraska Cornhuskers, meanwhile, are seeing their season come to a rather bitter end, with poor play on the court and some controversy off it as they head into the final week. Michigan State is a 13-point favorite, with the point total set at 137.
Nebraska at Michigan State NCAAB Odds & Expert Prediction
- When: Tuesday, March 5 at 7 PM EST
- Where: Breslin Center, East Lansing
- TV: ESPN2
- Radio: TuneIn/NCAAB
- Live Stream: WatchESPN
- NCAAB Odds: Michigan State Spartans -13 (Total 137)
Why bet on the Nebraska Cornhuskers?
Another disappointing season for Nebraska would appear to have Tim Miles on the hot seat, but the coach seemed less than concerned after making a statement that he would still be a millionaire if the Cornhuskers do decide to end your tenure. He has since apologized, but it is the kind of remark that is not going to carry any favor with the top brass, especially when you are coaching a team barely sitting above .500.
At 15-14, the Cornhuskers can still finish above that line, but you would have to think that they would need a win in their final game of the season versus Iowa, as this one looks like a lost cause. The Cornhuskers are on a 3-game losing skid, but they are also just 2-10 SU in their last 12. Nebraska is 3-7 ATS on the road, although 3-3 ATS as a road dog.
- Total Score: 71.24
- Field Goal Percentage: 42.66
- Three-Point Percentage: 33.54
- Free Throw Percentage: 70.57
- Total Rebounds: 35.93
- Total Score: 65.07
- Field Goal Percentage: 41.00
- Three-Point Percentage: 31.83
- Free Throw Percentage: 68.55
- Total Rebounds: 38.21
Why bet on the Michigan State Spartans?
The Spartans appeared to have hauled themselves out of a slump by going on a 5-game winning streak, but there are some doubts swirling around this team once again after a 63-62 road loss at the hands of Indiana. That loss took the Spartans to 14-4 in conference play, now a full game back of the Purdue Boilermakers, who have the lead.
Michigan State is still in the top 10, but that standing could be in doubt this weekend, as they will close out the regular season with a game against their bitter rivals, the Wolverines. The danger here is that they look beyond a weak Nebraska team to the weekend, but that should not happen after a bad loss last time out. The Spartans have been a good pick at home, going 10-4 ATS.
- Total Score: 79.48
- Field Goal Percentage: 48.78
- Three-Point Percentage: 38.06
- Free Throw Percentage: 74.01
- Total Rebounds: 41.21
- Total Score: 65.66
- Field Goal Percentage: 37.33
- Three-Point Percentage: 31.46
- Free Throw Percentage: 67.50
- Total Rebounds: 32.76
Nebraska at Michigan State NCAAB Betting Trends
- Nebraska is 0-5 ATS in its last 5 games on the road
- Nebraska is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games on the road
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Nebraska’s last 5 games on the road
- Michigan State is 11-3 ATS in its last 14 games at home
- Michigan State is 15-1 SU in its last 16 games at home
- The total has gone UNDER in 7 of Michigan State’s last 8 games at home
Expert Pick and Final Score Prediction
That loss to the Hoosiers over the weekend will have served as a warning for the Michigan State Spartans, so look for them to bounce back in a big way on Tuesday night. I have them winning this one and covering in the process.
Score: Nebraska Cornhuskers 60 – Michigan State Spartans 77