When you think of conferences that are synonymous with great college basketball teams, it is usually the ACC or the PAC-12 that comes to mind first. After all, those two conferences have combined to deliver 29 champions over the years. In the current conference set-up, there have been 10 different conferences that have delivered at least one champion, but the conference that is noticeably absent in that list is the Mountain West.
They have yet to deliver a champion in college basketball, but might that be about to change this season? It might just happen if the Nevada Wolf Pack can continue to churn out wins at the rate they are going right now. They have but one loss on the season and the rest of their schedule suggests that things might just stay that way all the way to the end of the regular season. Next up for the Wolf Pack is a trip to Fort Collins to face the Colorado State Rams on Wednesday night. Nevada is in as a 13 point favorite for this one, with the point total set at 152.
Nevada vs Colorado State NCAA Basketball Lines & Prediction
- When: Wednesday, February 6 at 10 PM EST
- Where: Moby Arena, Fort Collins
- TV: CBSSN
- Radio: TuneIn/NCAAB
- Live Stream: CBS Sports Live
- NCAA Basketball Lines: Nevada -13 (Total 155.5)
Why bet on the Nevada Wolf Pack?
With a season record sitting at 21-1, it’s tough to begrudge the Wolf Pack their current #6 seed in the national rankings. Yes, you could argue that their schedule has not been as tough as some of the other top teams, with just 1 game against a ranked opponent this season, which they won, but you can only beat the teams on your schedule.
The lone loss for the Wolf Pack this season came in what was very much an off night, as they were blown out 85-58 by New Mexico. Nevada shook that one off rather quickly and are now on a 7-game win streak, a run that includes a 100-60 drubbing of Colorado State. The Wolf Pack are 13-7 ATS as a favorite this year and are 5-2 ATS as a road favorite.
- Total Score: 81.41
- Field Goal Percentage: 46.65
- Three-Point Percentage: 34.27
- Free Throw Percentage: 72.81
- Total Rebounds: 37.27
- Total Score: 66.09
- Field Goal Percentage: 40.11
- Three-Point Percentage: 31.91
- Free Throw Percentage: 67.83
- Total Rebounds: 35.91
Why bet on the Colorado State Rams?
With a 4-5 record in Mountain West Conference matches, the Rams find themselves 4 games back of the pace being set by Nevada. The gap in quality would appear to be a whole lot larger than that, though, if their last meeting is anything to go by. The Rams lost by 40 in a game that they started as a 20-point underdog, so they will certainly be looking for a more respectable showing this time around.
Their record against the spread this season does little to suggest that they can keep it close, as they are just 5-6 ATS at home, albeit 3-2 ATS in home games they started as an underdog. On the plus side of things, the Rams have covered the spread in 8 of their last 9 games, 7 of which they started as the underdog.
- Total Score: 75.32
- Field Goal Percentage: 47.04
- Three-Point Percentage: 35.57
- Free Throw Percentage: 70.00
- Total Rebounds: 34.64
- Total Score: 76.14
- Field Goal Percentage: 45.26
- Three-Point Percentage: 36.89
- Free Throw Percentage: 71.23
- Total Rebounds: 34.64
Nevada vs Colorado State NCAA Basketball Betting Trends
- Nevada is 6-2 ATS in its last 8 games on the road
- Nevada is 7-1 SU in its last 8 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 15 of Nevada’s last 23 games
- Colorado State is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games at home
- Colorado State is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games when playing Nevada
- The total has gone OVER in 11 of Colorado State’s last 13 games when playing Nevada
Expert Pick & Final Score Prediction
While upsets happen on a regular basis in college basketball, the Wolf Pack look like a team that is set to go unbeaten the rest of the way in the regular season. I think they win this one going away, covering the spread in the process.
Score: Nevada Wolf Pack 81 – Colorado State Rams 67