During the college football season, it was the Big Ten that was arguably the hardest hit by the coronavirus, with games postponed at an alarming rate. While there have been some disruptions during the college basketball season, it has been mostly business as usual for the Big Ten. With Michigan finally dropping a game, we now have a tighter race at the top of the regular season conference standings, with Iowa and Wisconsin both knocking on the door. The Wisconsin Badgers will be looking to edge a little closer, or at least keep the pace, this weekend when they face another ranked team in the Ohio State Buckeyes. It’s a huge game for both teams and definitely one to watch. Please check back to get the College Basketball odds for this one when they go live early on Saturday morning.
Ohio State Buckeyes at Wisconsin Badgers Game Analysis
- When: Saturday, January 23 at 4 PM EST
- Where: Kohl Center, Madison
- TV: CBS
- NCAAB Odds: TBD
Why bet on the Ohio State Buckeyes
After a run that saw them win 3 games in a row and move into 15th in the National rankings, the Buckeyes saw this week get off to a disappointing start. They dropped a tight one at home earlier in the week, losing 67-65 to the Purdue Boilermakers, which means that the Buckeyes are now 11-4 on the season and 5-4 in conference play. This is an even tougher one for Ohio State, but they have found a way to raise their game against ranked opponents, going 3-1 SU in those games this season. They have not been a great pick against the spread when playing on the road, going 2-3-1 ATS in those games. In games against ranked opponents the OVER has hit in 3 of 4 games.
Why bet on the Wisconsin Badgers
It looked for a while as though Michigan was going to run away with the regular season conference title in the Big Ten, and while they are still favorite to win it, things are getting tighter. At 6-2 in conference play, the Badgers are now just a game back of the top spot. They are on a nice little run of form right now, winning 2 in a row and 4 of their last 5, a run that has them now sitting in the top 10 overall. Like the Buckeyes, Wisconsin has been good against ranked opponents, winning 3 of 4, with the lone loss coming against Michigan. They also covered the spread in 3 of the 4 games versus ranked teams. As the home team this season, Wisconsin has seen the OVER hit in 7 of their 11 games, so a definite trend there.
Expert Pick and Final Score Prediction
Without knowing the odds, it is tough to make any predictions other than picking a straight up winner. The Badgers have been playing well of late, and with home court advantage on Saturday, I think they get the win.
Pick: Ohio State Buckeyes 73 Wisconsin Badgers 77
College Basketball Betting News
- Georgia Southern Eagles vs. Appalachian State Mountaineers: 2/26/2021 Matchup Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Saint Louis Billikens vs. Richmond Spiders: 2/26/2021 Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- UT Arlington Mavericks vs. Arkansas State Red Wolves: 2/26/2021 Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- UC Irvine Anteaters vs. UCSD Tritons: 2/26/2021 Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Betting Trends
- Old Dominion Monarchs vs. Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders: 2/26/2021 Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends