The Oklahoma State Cowboys will be looking to pull off the huge upset when they hit the road to take on the red-hot Kansas Jayhawks in their Big 12 conference clash on Monday night. With Kansas looking to extend its winning ways and Oklahoma State looking to keep up its own solid play as of late, let’s find out which team is offering the best value against their NCAAB Odds in this Oklahoma State vs Kansas.
Oklahoma State vs Kansas NCAAB Lines, Preview and Picks
- When: Monday, February 24, 2020 at 9:00 PM ET
- Where: Allen Fieldhouse, Lawrence, KS
- NCAAB Odds: Kansas -14.5 / Total: 134.5
Why Bet On Oklahoma State
Oklahoma State has won three of four and four of six including a convincing 83-66 rout of in-state rival Oklahoma on Saturday to easily cover the chalk as a 1.5-point home favorite. Cameron McGriff scored a team-high 28 points while Kalib Boone added 14 points off the bench in the win and has scored in double figures in three of his last five games after doing so only twice over his first 21.
“Cam, for the better part of a month, has been our most consistent player, quite honestly. Even in the games we haven’t won, he’s played the right way and the way that we need more guys to play like,” Cowboys head coach Mike Boynton told reporters. Freshman Kalib Boone (4.5 points) provided 14 points in 17 minutes off the bench Saturday and
Oklahoma State averages just 67.0 points per game () while allowing 65.9 points per game defensively (84th). The Cowboys are just 4-6 on the road this season.
- Total Score: 67.09
- Field Goal %: 40.96
- Three Point %: 30.33
- Free Throw %: 72.26
- Total Rebounds: 36.52
- Total Score: 66
- Field Goal %: 39.88
- Three Point %: 30.59
- Free Throw %: 72.04
- Total Rebounds: 36.43
Oklahoma State Cowboys Betting Trends
- Cowboys are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games overall.
- Cowboys are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games vs. a team with a winning straight up record.
- Cowboys are 3-7 ATS in their last 10 games as an underdog.
- Cowboys are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games following a straight up win.
- Cowboys are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games as a road underdog.
- Cowboys are 1-6 ATS in their last 7 Monday games.
Why Bet On Kansas
The Jayhawks have won 12 straight games including a thrilling 64-61 road win over top-ranked Baylor on Saturday as a 2-point underdog. Center Udoka Azubuike led the way to victory with 23 points and a career-high 19 rebounds while Devon Dotson added 13 points in the win, which snapped Baylor’s 23-game winning streak.
“It meant a lot to our guys, a lot more than a league race. … I think Baylor is the best team that we have played against since I’ve been in the league the last 17 years,” Azubuike said afterward.
- Total Score: 65.13
- Field Goal %: 41.48
- Three Point %: 32.49
- Free Throw %: 65.9
- Total Rebounds: 33.65
- Total Score: 64.35
- Field Goal %: 41.98
- Three Point %: 32.14
- Free Throw %: 68.05
- Total Rebounds: 35.17
Kansas Jayhawks Betting Trends
- Kansas averages 75.0 points per game (79th) while limiting the opposition to just 60.7 points per game defensively to ran a stellar eighth nationally in points allowed. The Jayhawks have gone a near-perfect 12-1 at home this season.
- Jayhawks are 5-0 ATS in their last 5 games overall.
- Jayhawks are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games following a ATS win.
- Jayhawks are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games vs. a team with a winning straight up record.
- Jayhawks are 14-6 ATS in their last 20 games as a favorite.
- Jayhawks are 16-7 ATS in their last 23 games as a home favorite.
Oklahoma State vs Kansas Expert Analysis and Prediction
Kansas might be playing well and the Jayhakws might be unbeaten at home, but Oklahoma State has been playing some excellent basketball recently and I believe the Cowboys have just enough in them to cover the high, double-digit spread in this one. I know Kansas is 5-0 ATS in their last five after a straight-up win and 14-6 ATS in their last 20 games as a favorite, but Oklahoma State has gone 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games overall and 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games against a team with a winning straight up record. Kansas could be looking at an emotional letdown after their big win over Baylor and that fact, combined with Oklahoma State’s recent impressive play, leads me to believe the Cowboys are going to cover the spread with just a bit of room to spare!
Pick: Kansas 75 Oklahoma State 67