Prior to the start of every college basketball season, we usually have a very good idea of the teams that will likely end up in the top 10 at the end of the year. After all, there are some traditional powerhouses who reload each offseason and deliver a team that is going to be tough to beat. For those teams, the regular season is often a lot like an extended warm-up period ahead of March Madness, especially in non-conference games against lesser opposition. That said, there are some games that come up on the schedule that give teams a much better idea of where they stand in the grand scheme of things.
The rankings only tell you so much. It’s what you do against other ranked teams that paints a clearer picture of a team’s chances when the postseason rolls around. We have a big one all set to go on Saturday afternoon when a pair of top 10 teams go head to head. The Oregon Ducks will make the tough trip to Michigan to face the Wolverines in what should be an incredibly entertaining game to tune into.
Oregon vs Michigan 2019 College Basketball Odds, Game Info & Pick
- When: Saturday, December 14 at 12 PM EST
- Where: Crisler Center, Ann Arbor
- TV: CBS
- Radio: SiriusXM
- Live Stream: CBS Sports Live
- College Basketball Odds: TBA
Why bet on the Oregon Ducks?The Oregon Ducks, who are currently ranked #10, saw their stock fall quite after back to back losses to Gonzaga and North Carolina, neither of which can be described as bad defeats. They got back on track with a dominating win over Hawaii and will likely take a nice little step forward in the rankings if they can go on the road and take care of Michigan on Saturday afternoon.
This will be the first official road game for the Ducks, although they are 2-2 SU in games played at a neutral venue this season. December has been a good month for the Ducks, who are 6-1 SU in their last 7 in that month, while also winning each of their last 5 Saturday games. Oregon is a stellar 18-2 ATS in their last 20 overall.
- Total Score: 78.89
- Field Goal Percentage: 47.69
- Three-Point Percentage: 40.43
- Free Throw Percentage: 67.43
- Total Rebounds: 38.22
- Total Score: 67.00
- Field Goal Percentage: 37.77
- Three-Point Percentage: 28.33
- Free Throw Percentage: 77.18
- Total Rebounds: 35.22
Why bet on the Michigan Wolverines?The Wolverines are currently sitting in the #5 spot, but they will see that ranking drop with a loss here, especially after losing to Illinois in their last out. The loss to the Fighting Illini means that the Wolverines have now dropped 2 of their last 3 games, although their loss to Louisville was not one that had a huge impact on their ranking. Playing at home in this one might help, as Michigan is 8-2 SU in their last 10 games on home court.
They have also been great in Saturday games, winning 18 of their last 20. Michigan is 5-2 ATS in their last 7 games overall, but December has traditionally been a bad month for them against the spread, going 1-7 ATS in their last 7 games played in that month.
- Total Score: 78.50
- Field Goal Percentage: 49.50
- Three-Point Percentage: 38.10
- Free Throw Percentage: 72.41
- Total Rebounds: 36.30
- Total Score: 68.20
- Field Goal Percentage: 41.54
- Three-Point Percentage: 26.88
- Free Throw Percentage: 63.06
- Total Rebounds: 36.10
Oregon vs Michigan College Basketball Betting Trends
- Ducks are 5-0 SU in their last 5 games played on a Saturday
- Ducks are 7-1 ATS in their last 8 games this season
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Oregon’s last 6 games on the road
- Wolverines are 18-2 SU in their last 20 games played on a Saturday
- Wolverines are 1-7 ATS in their last 8 games played in December
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Michigan’s last 7 games against an opponent in the Pacific-12 conference
Expert Pick & Final Score Prediction for Oregon vs MichiganThese are two very good teams going head to head here, with little to separate them at this stage of the season. While the Wolverines have been losing of ate, I think they get back to winning ways on home court.
Score: Oregon Ducks 68 Michigan Wolverines 72