The Purdue Boilermakers forced overtime against Tennessee and then beat the Vols while Virginia outlasted Oregon in regulation on Thursday night. That means the Boilermakers battle the Cavaliers in the Elite Eight on Saturday, March 30. Will Purdue provide another upset victory? Or, will Virginia head to the Final Four as the South Region’s 1-seed?
Purdue vs Virginia 2019 March Madness Odds & Elite Eight Game Info
- When: Saturday, March 30 at 8:49pm ET
- Where: KFC Yum! Center, Louisville, KY
- TV: TBS
- ATS Odds: Virginia -4.5
- Over/Under Total Odds: 126
Why #3 Purdue Boilermakers a good bet +4.5?
It’s debatable if Purdue player Carsen Edwards got fouled on his three-point attempt at the end of regulation. Tennessee certainly doesn’t believe they fouled Edwards. No matter. The Volunteers had just as much of a chance in overtime as Purdue had.
The Boilermakers have proven to be an exceptional team during the tournament. Not only did they beat Tennessee 99-94 in overtime in the Sweet 16, but they also beat defending champion Villanova 87-61 in the second round. Purdue can hang with Virginia. They’ll have a shot to upset the Cavaliers straight up.
- Points/G: 76.7
- Field Goal %: 45
- 3-Point %: 37.1
- Free Throw %: 71.9
- Rebounds/G: 37.4
- Points/G: 66.9
- Field Goal %: 41.6
- 3-Point %: 34.3
- Free Throw %: 72.8
- Rebounds/G: 28.5
Why #1 Virginia Cavaliers are a good bet -4.5?
Virginia struggled against Oregon, but before saying that the Cavaliers should have dominated the Ducks, let’s put it in perspective. Oregon had won 10 straight against the spread and on the moneyline. Not only that, the Ducks had been playing defense as well as Virginia plays defense.
Just beating Oregon is big. Virginia’s answered the bell all season long. They’ve only lost to Duke twice and Florida State once this season. UVA won’t let up on Saturday and let Purdue beat them for a trip to the Final Four.
- Points/G: 71
- Field Goal %: 47.6
- 3-Point %: 39.6
- Free Throw %: 74
- Rebounds/G: 34.8
- Points/G: 54.8
- Field Goal %: 38.1
- 3-Point %: 28.1
- Free Throw %: 65.6
- Rebounds/G: 26.8
March Madness Betting Trends for Purdue vs Virginia
- Boilermakers are 5-1-1 ATS in their last 7 Saturday games
- Boilermakers are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games overall
- Boilermakers are 9-4 ATS in their last 13 NCAA Tournament games
- Cavaliers are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games following an ATS loss
- Cavaliers are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 versus the Big Ten
- Cavaliers are 1-6 ATS in their last 7 NCAA Tournament games
Purdue vs Virginia Final March Madness Betting Analysis
The Boilermakers are an excellent team, but they face one of the best three-point shooting teams in college basketball on Saturday. Virginia shoots 39.6% from three while holding opponents to 28.2% from behind the arc.
That puts Purdue in a bind because one of the reasons they beat Tennessee, heck, one of the reasons they’re in the Elite Eight is because of Carsen Edwards’ and Ryan Cline’s three-point shooting.
Those two won’t have the success they had against the Volunteers versus Virginia. The Cavaliers are too talented to allow Purdue to stay close. Virginia should win and cover on March 30.March Madness Betting Pick: Virginia -4.5
March Madness Expert Betting News
College Basketball Odds | March Madness Betting
- Sports to Bet This Weekend Saturday March 27th Edition
- Early 2020 College Basketball Championship Odds – April 9th
- Texas Tech vs Virginia 2019 Men’s College Basketball National Championship Odds / Live Stream / TV Channel, Date / Time & Preview
- Printable March Madness Bracket 2019, Print Free NCAA Tournament Final Four Bracket PDF Version
- Michigan State 2019 March Madness Final Four Betting Preview
- Virginia 2019 March Madness Final Four Betting Analysis
- Auburn 2019 March Madness Final Four Betting Preview
- Texas Tech 2019 March Madness Final Four Betting Analysis
- 7 Things to Know Before Betting on the 2019 March Madness Final Four
- Updated 2019 College Basketball Championship Odds – April 2nd
- Texas Tech vs Michigan State March Madness Lines / Live Stream / TV Channel, Date / Time & Pick
- Auburn vs Virginia March Madness Odds / Live Stream / TV Channel, Date / Time & Preview
- Michigan State vs Duke March Madness Odds / Live Stream / TV Channel, Date / Time & Preview
- Auburn vs Kentucky March Madness Odds / Live Stream / TV Channel, Date / Time & Preview
- Houston vs Kentucky March Madness Odds / Live Stream / TV Channel, Date / Time & Preview