The Richmond Spiders (6-1) visit the George Mason Patriots (4-1) as 5.5-point favorites after Blake Francis scored 27 points in the Spiders 75-73 victory over Loyola Chicago. The matchup airs on CBS Sports at 12:00 PM ET on Saturday, January 9, 2021. The matchup has an over/under set at 144 points.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Pick Em||Over (144)||Richmond 76 George Mason 70|
- In 85.7% of their opportunities this year (six of seven chances), the Spiders and their opponents have combined to score more than this matchup’s over/under of 144 points.
- George Mason has played in two games this season (out of five total matchups — 40% of opportunities) where they and their opponents combined to score at least 144 points.
- These two teams average a combined 147.7 points per game, 3.7 more points than the total of 144 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of these teams have averaged a combined 139.3 points per game, 4.7 less than the over/under for this matchup.
- The average point total for Spiders games this season is 3.4 more points than the total of 144 in this matchup.
- Patriots games this year have averaged an over/under of 139.6 points, 4.4 less than the point total in this matchup.
Richmond Betting Information
- Against the spread, Richmond has been strong this season, posting a 4-3 record.
- When favored by at least 5.5 points, the Spiders have put up a 2-2 record ATS.
- The Spiders have failed to combine with their opponents to reach the over/under just 2 times in 7 games this season.
George Mason Betting Information
- George Mason has covered the spread in fewer than half of its contests, going 1-3 ATS.
- When they play as at least 5.5-point underdogs, the Patriots have a record ATS of 0-2.
- George Mason has combined with its opponents to hit the over in 25% of matchups this year (1 out of 4 contests).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/19/2020||Richmond||-11||142.5||-731||+500||Regular Season||65-50 RICH|
|1/18/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||97-87 RICH|
|2/27/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||77-63 GMSN|
|2/6/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||81-67 RICH|
- Francis leads the Spiders in scoring, tallying 16.4 points per game to go with 1.9 rebounds and 2.7 assists.
- Tyler Burton leads Richmond in rebounding, averaging 8.2 per game, while Jacob Gilyard leads the team in assists, distributing an average of 5.5 in each contest.
- The Spiders get the most three-point shooting production out of Francis, who makes 2.3 threes per game.
- The Richmond steals leader is Gilyard, who averages 3.9 takeaways per game, while its blocks leader is Souleymane Koureissi, who compiles 0.5 rejections per contest.
George Mason Leaders
- Jordan Miller is the top scorer for the Patriots with 16.1 points per game. He also adds 5.6 rebounds and 2.0 assists per game to his stats.
- Josh Oduro is at the top of the Patriots rebounding leaderboard with 5.9 rebounds per game, and Xavier Johnson leads the squad in assists with 2.7 per contest.
- Tyler Kolek is consistent from deep and leads the Patriots with 2.8 made threes per game.
- Javon Greene (1.6 steals per game) is the steal leader for George Mason while AJ Wilson (2.8 blocks per game) is the block leader.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Posts not found